You will be responsible for maintaining existing products, as well as bringing new products to life, having knowledge across the stack back-end, APIs, databases, front-end, and the ability to quickly and safely develop, test, deploy and maintain these products.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for researching and evaluating new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability, and performance of the team’s development systems and processes.
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with the scrum team to ensure that projects are completed on time, ensure that applications are thoroughly tested, and released at the highest quality. They will be reporting to the Tech Lead and collaborate with fellow team members as needed. Although this role is based in Japan, you will be closely working with colleagues in Singapore in the same team.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable software modules under Laravel and PHP
- Deliver efficient, self-documenting code in a timely and efficient manner
- Be involved in full-stack web application development, from conception to deployment
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas, and convert business needs into technical specifications
- Help coach and mentor our team of talented developers
- Ensure ongoing quality of delivered work through code reviews
- Help establish best practices and set standards for modern web development across the organization
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new development as required
- Interact with 3rd Party APIs in a secure, reliable, and scalable fashion
- Assist in solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Be able to plan, test and describe in detail your software solutions with other engineers
- Strong experience with the PHP Laravel framework, including experience building and maintaining large-scale, complex web applications using Laravel
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming paradigms
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Strong experience with database design and management, including experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience with RESTful API design and development, including understanding accessibility and security compliance over APIs
- Strong experience with automated testing
- Strong experience with Git and version control
- Strong experience with agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and experience with AWS
- Familiarity with server tools such as Nginx, PHP-FPM, and Supervisor
- Familiarity with modern frontend stacks such as Vue.js, React, TypeScript
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with Jira
- Familiarity with Sentry
6 to 9 million JPY annually.