appArray is a software company that is developing SpeakBuddy, an online service that helps users acquire various English language abilities, including speaking and listening skills by utilizing AI. We are a small but experienced and international (US, Australia and The Netherlands) team of developers. We welcome applicants from all over the world who are willing to relocate to Tokyo and have a strong passion for language education.
About the position
appArray is looking for server-side engineers who can help with the development of SpeakBuddy. The primary role is to develop and maintain SpeakBuddy’s backend services. However, as a back-end engineer in appArray, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks. We work on machine learning, natural language processing, sound processing and automatic speech recognition. We maintain and monitor the infrastructure. We analyze users’ behavior to improve our services. We run through the PDCA cycle quite rapidly, so you must be comfortable with fast-paced development.
- At least 1 year of development experience in Java, Python or Ruby
- At least 1 year of operating and managing REST API based services
- Bachelor’s degree or 10-years work experience. (For work visa purpose)
- Strong will to learn new things and improve your current skill sets
- Development experience in other programming languages (Kotlin preferred)
- Web front-end development (Vue.js)
- Build and manage infrastructure on AWS and GCP
- Development experience in machine learning, NLP and ASR
- N2 or equivalent verbal skills in Japanese