About Appier Japan
Our main product is AiDeal, which presents discount offers to e-commerce site visitors at the most appropriate timing, personalized by technology to detect the visitor’s growing desire to buy. We do this by analyzing browser behaviour data (mouse-moving, scrolling, clicks, gestures) in real-time. As our engineering team in Japan is already 90% non-Japanese, no Japanese skills are required, and we are open to considering candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
We welcome flexible working styles not only by adopting flextime system but also allowing remote working. Our technologies are based on AWS, Vue.js, GraphQL, Node.js and MongoDB and very open-minded to accepting new technologies. We are everyday tackling huge challenges like analyzing, machine-learning and visualizing online traffics of more than 1 billion page views per month.
Our response to COVID-19
As our target market is e-commerce, the COVID-19 crisis has actually led to a boost in demand for our solution.
Our team has been working completely remotely since mid-February. Even before the crisis, our engineers were working remotely a couple days per week, and we already were working remotely with Appier members in Taiwan, so making the transition to full remote went smoothly.
Due to travel restrictions, we are looking for candidates that are already based in Japan.
About the position
Tasks of the role
- Implementing new functionalities in Android SDKs to enable new use cases.
- Keeping track of the new functionalities that successive generations of Android operating systems introduce, and find if they are applicable to us.
- Adopting the best methodologies to develop the Android SDKs
- Ensuring that the SDKs work correctly across a range of devices, and promptly resolve if any issues that are reported by clients.
- Ensuring that the size of the SDK remains as low as possible, while ensuring that code is readable.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to build application and services on Linux-based systems
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android application
- Familiar with building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with building android libraries
- Familiarity with Git / BitBucket / GitHub
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in AngularJS, React, Vue.js or other frontend frameworks
- Experience in writing Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- Experience in using or administrating MongoDB
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Coding skills of HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic knowledge of machine learning