About Appier Japan
Appier is an AI SaaS company on a mission to make AI easy, by making software intelligent. Founded in 2012, Appier has 17 offices across APAC, U.S. and Europe and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Work remotely or from our Tokyo office
You can choose your working style either working remotely or working at the Tokyo office as far as you live in Japan.
We’ll sponsor your visa
If you are not currently located in Japan yet, we will help you relocate by sponsoring your VISA.
No Japanese required
As you are going to work in an international team, no Japanese skills are required because English is the most important language for our daily work.
Our response to COVID-19
As our target market is e-commerce, the COVID-19 crisis has actually led to a boost in demand for our solution. Our team has been working completely remotely since mid-February in 2020. Even before the crisis, our engineers were already working remotely with Appier members in Taiwan, so making the transition to full remote went smoothly.
Due to travel restrictions, we cannot help you relocate to Japan if you are currently not living in Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, China, Australia, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, or Taiwan as of now.
About the position
Tasks of the role
- Implementing new functionalities in Android SDKs to enable new use cases.
- Keeping track of the new functionalities that successive generations of Android operating systems introduce, and find if they are applicable to us.
- Adopting the best methodologies to develop the Android SDKs
- Ensuring that the SDKs work correctly across a range of devices, and promptly resolve if any issues that are reported by clients.
- Ensuring that the size of the SDK remains as low as possible, while ensuring that code is readable.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to build application and services on Linux-based systems
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android application
- Familiar with building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with building android libraries
- Familiarity with Git / BitBucket / GitHub
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in AngularJS, React, Vue.js or other frontend frameworks
- Experience in writing Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- Experience in using or administrating MongoDB
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Coding skills of HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic knowledge of machine learning