About Appier Japan
Our main product is AiDeal, which presents discount offers to e-commerce site visitors at the most appropriate timing, personalized by technology to detect the visitor’s growing desire to buy. We do this by analyzing browser behaviour data (mouse-moving, scrolling, clicks, gestures) in real-time. As our engineering team in Japan is already 90% non-Japanese, no Japanese skills are required, and we are open to considering candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
We welcome flexible working styles not only by adopting flextime system but also allowing remote working. Our technologies are based on AWS, Vue.js, GraphQL, Node.js and MongoDB and very open-minded to accepting new technologies. We are everyday tackling huge challenges like analyzing, machine-learning and visualizing online traffics of more than 1 billion page views per month.
Our response to COVID-19
As our target market is e-commerce, the COVID-19 crisis has actually led to a boost in demand for our solution.
Our team has been working completely remotely since mid-February. Even before the crisis, our engineers were working remotely a couple days per week, and we already were working remotely with Appier members in Taiwan, so making the transition to full remote went smoothly.
Due to travel restrictions, we are looking for candidates that are already based in Japan.
About the position
As a DevOps/QA Engineer, you will be involved in ensuring continuously delivery to provide high quality services. You will be in our product team where QA is not just a manual tester. You will work on automation for service operation and testing. You will work with other engineers to deployment onto instances with high scalability requirement and testing plans for various types of systems including large traffic distributed system, machine learning algorithm, big data platform, frontend system and etc.
- Create and maintain CI/CD workflow
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Ease software development and deployment of our product
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alert system
- Conduct infra, middleware and package upgrades
- Develop and apply testing processes
- Plan, estimate, prioritize and execute tests
- Assure quality, performance and security for our products
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to build application and services on Linux-based systems
- Experience in deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes)
- Experience in CircleCi, TravisCI, Jenkins or other CI/CD integration tools
- Experience in AWS, GCP, Azure or other cloud computing services
- Experience in deploying services on production
- Experience in automated testing tools
- Familiarity with software development process
- Familiarity with software testing process
- Familiarity with Git / BitBucket / GitHub
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience in AngularJS, React, Vue.js or other frontend frameworks
- Experience in developing Android or iOS development
- Experience in using or administrating MongoDB
- Experienced in kafka, kafka-connect.
- Experience in AWS
- Coding skills of HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic knowledge of machine learning