The successful candidate is open-minded, is able to work individually without much supervision as well as in a team, having good communication and listening skills, with practical and proven skills on how to build robust and scalable systems from the ground up.
- Providing ownership and guidance regarding technical design of front and backend, with coding in Python, React.js/React Native and MySQL
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Refactoring legacy code
- Performance tuning (client, server, database)
- If you are not already based in Japan, have significant professional experience and a concrete plan for life in Japan
- Strong object oriented programming fundamentals
- Have reached an advanced usage level of at least one well established programming language such as C#, Java, Python, Go, C++
- Experience in REST API Development and working with web app technologies (such as React.js, Vue.js and HTML5)
- Understanding of security and best practices for front- and backend applications
- Comfortable working with git and GitHub
- Ability to work both in a team and individually
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL databases
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Understanding and strong interest in DevOps.
- Practical experience working with managed cloud services such as AWS, GCP or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Python with expertise in at least one popular Python framework (e.g. Django, Flask or Pyramid)
6 to 8 million JPY annually.