With the growth of our market share comes the growth of our product feature set. We seek a leader to help drive our platform and test management teams. Those 2 teams comprise 8 engineers, and each team is accountable for their product’s infrastructure, backend, front end, and quality. This position is open to oversee the engagement, growth, and success of those 2 teams.
- Create succession strategies and recruit the team members required to fulfill each team’s mission.
- Share the business vision as well as the team missions with the teams
- Facilitate the team’s ceremonies and remove blockers and impediments to support your team’s day-to-day operations.
- Provide visibility on your team and their progress through reporting on the different metrics, evaluating the team’s performance, and engaging with stakeholders through refinements and demos.
- Support the product team in delivering fast and high-quality business value.
- Be flexible and capable of altering the team roadmap when faced with new information, communicate, and engage the team in delivering new directions.
- Identify the different architectural and technical debt challenges and plan their improvement accordingly.
- Support cross-team initiatives and facilitate collaboration within the teams.
- Build relationships with your reports, support their career development, and motivate members to achieve the team goals.
- Empower the engineers and maximize the team’s productivity by setting goals, performing evaluations, and utilizing data to improve operational workflow.
- Being able to work during day hours, 9 am - 5pm JST
- Strong motivation and passion to learn and challenge in a new work environment
- 2 years of Engineering management experience or more
- 5 years of experience developing software
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Backend experience
- Experience in working within a SaaS
- Understanding of QA practices, especially test automation
9.8 to 10.5 million JPY annually.