We have three backend engineers in the engineering team (for web), and we expect to have more along with the growth of the customer base. We are opening this new position because of the recent organizational restructuring and we decided to hire a dedicated engineering manager who oversees the web backend team.
- Empower the engineers and maximize the team’s productivity by setting goals, performing evaluations, and utilizing data to improve operational workflow.
- Identify and improve foundational issues and create a roadmap of improvement.
- Manage resources, onboard new members, and improve the hiring process for your team.
- Work with other teams and respond rapidly to varied initiatives.
- Build strong relationships and facilitate communication in your team.
- Support and motivate members in their career development through regular 1-on-1 sessions.
- Being able to work in Japanese standard time
- Minimum 3 years of the engineering manager experience
- Over 5 years of experience in developing the backend of web applications
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Understanding of running SaaS
- Understanding of test automation
- Japanese proficiency
¥9.6 to 16 million annually.