About Beacon Platform
Beacon Platform enables financial services firms to get more value out of their R&D. We give businesses and their developers the flexibility and scale they need to gain a competitive edge. By streamlining the development and deployment process, we enable teams to rapidly experiment with new solutions and business models, all on the cloud. We provide clients with a powerful set of cross-asset trading and risk tools and analytics out of the box, including full access to source code, and let them build on top.
Be a part of a global team from Tokyo
We work on a global codebase, with contribution to the codebase from all our offices. Generally there isn’t a divide between what the Tokyo office works on unless it is a Tokyo driven initiative.
Our Tokyo office is quite diverse, with employees from Japan, US, Korea, Vietnam, Canada, France, and Nepal. English is the language spoken at the office, so we don’t require any Japanese abilities.
Our response to COVID-19
Since March 2020, we’ve moved to working fully remotely in response to COVID-19. The current situation makes sponsoring visas and relocation a bit tricky, so we prefer folks already based here.
About the position
The Apps and Partnerships mandate at Beacon is to assist our Customers’ and Partners’ success by operating and promoting the ecosystem atop the Beacon Platform. Our mission is to drive value creation–far beyond what companies can achieve by themselves—by bringing together Partners and Customers in our ecosystem and enabling them to interact and innovate in ways that haven’t been imagined yet.
We architect, build and deploy infrastructure and framework for rapidly developing, deploying and distributing modern business applications atop Beacon Platform. We work closely with Partners to come up with innovative solutions that leverage our best-in-class financial engineering foundation, risk management, communication and automation tools deployed on a robust and controlled enterprise-scale provider agnostic cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for new members with diverse backgrounds to join our team with a shared vision and passion for revolutionizing enterprise application development.
- Respects and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate on all levels, technical and non-technical.
- Team oriented.
- Takes ownership of their work.
- Willing to learn from more experienced developers and mentor junior ones.
- Attention to detail and perseverance, drives projects to completion.
- Self-motivated and content to work both individually and on team projects.
- Technical creativity and enjoys hard open-ended problems.
- Design and implement application front ends using reusable frameworks.
- Work alongside Clients and Partners to expand the app ecosystem atop the Beacon Platform.
- Collaborate with internal teams of core developers and financial engineers to come up with innovative applications and solutions for Clients and Partners.
- Uplift our user experience on Beacon Platform Functionality
Successful Candidates possess these qualities
- Keen eye for UI/UX.
- Demonstrable track record of designing, implementing, and deploying web applications with excellent UI/UX.
- Has experience or interest in learning backend programming with Python, Golang, Rust etc.
- Willingness to read a lot of code, reuse, refactor and build maintainable software.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, version control system (git)
- Experience with financial application development is a plus.