About Beacon Platform
Beacon Platform enables financial services firms to get more value out of their R&D. We give businesses and their developers the flexibility and scale they need to gain a competitive edge. By streamlining the development and deployment process, we enable teams to rapidly experiment with new solutions and business models, all on the cloud. We provide clients with a powerful set of cross-asset trading and risk tools and analytics out of the box, including full access to source code, and let them build on top.
Be a part of a global team from Tokyo
We work on a global codebase, with contribution to the codebase from all our offices. Generally there isn’t a divide between what the Tokyo office works on unless it is a Tokyo driven initiative.
Our Tokyo office is quite diverse, with employees from Japan, US, Korea, Vietnam, Canada, France, and Nepal. English is the language spoken at the office, so we don’t require any Japanese abilities.
Our response to COVID-19
Since March 2020, we’ve moved to working fully remotely in response to COVID-19. The current situation makes sponsoring visas and relocation a bit tricky, so we prefer folks already based here.
About the position
The Apps and Partnerships mandate at Beacon is to assist our Customers’ and Partners’ success by operating and promoting the ecosystem atop the Beacon Platform. Our mission is to drive value creation–far beyond what companies can achieve by themselves—by bringing together Partners and Customers in our ecosystem and enabling them to interact and innovate in ways that haven’t been imagined yet.
We architect, build and deploy infrastructure and framework for rapidly developing, deploying and distributing modern business applications atop Beacon Platform. We work closely with Partners to come up with innovative solutions that leverage our best-in-class financial engineering foundation, risk management, communication and automation tools deployed on a robust and controlled enterprise-scale provider agnostic cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for new members with diverse backgrounds to join our team with a shared vision and passion for revolutionizing enterprise application development.
- Respects and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate on all levels, technical and non-technical.
- Team oriented.
- Takes ownership of their work.
- Willing to learn from more experienced developers and mentor junior ones.
- Attention to detail and perseverance, drives projects to completion.
- Self-motivated and content to work both individually and on team projects.
- Technical creativity and enjoys hard open-ended problems.
- Able to grow and take on new responsibilities as the need arises
- Improve upon Beacon’s Cloud deployment implementation
- Full stack understanding from infrastructure to application code
- Improve and develop upon an automated cloud deployment system for multiple cloud providers
- Build necessary features and components to enhance automated build processes
- Work across the organization to develop and maintain build process reliability and continuous testing of integrated services
- Develop tooling for maintenance and upgrades of growing number of Beacon deployments
- Update and improve user interfaces for non-technical users
Successful Candidates possess these qualities
- Experience having written code using many programming languages and systems.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP), infrastructure as code, automated software configuration
- Demonstrable experience using web technologies (nginx, load balancers, REST APIs, websockets, HTTPS)
- Experience with using SDLC/CI/CD toolchain such as gitlab and github enterprise.
- Experience with both relational and schema-less databases.
- Demonstrable track-record of having designed, developed, and deployed large scale enterprise systems.