About Beacon Platform
Beacon Platform enables financial services firms to get more value out of their R&D. We give businesses and their developers the flexibility and scale they need to gain a competitive edge. By streamlining the development and deployment process, we enable teams to rapidly experiment with new solutions and business models, all on the cloud. We provide clients with a powerful set of cross-asset trading and risk tools and analytics out of the box, including full access to source code, and let them build on top.
Be a part of a global team from Tokyo
We work on a global codebase, with contribution to the codebase from all our offices. Generally there isn’t a divide between what the Tokyo office works on unless it is a Tokyo driven initiative.
Our Tokyo office is quite diverse, with employees from Japan, US, Korea, Vietnam, Canada, France, and Nepal. English is the language spoken at the office, so we don’t require any Japanese abilities.
Our response to COVID-19
Since March 2020, we’ve moved to working fully remotely in response to COVID-19. The current situation makes sponsoring visas and relocation a bit tricky, so we prefer folks already based here.
About the position
Beacon’s innovative cloud infrastructure and quant platform is deployed onto major cloud platform services and we work with some of the most sophisticated financial services firms. The DevOps team is responsible for operating and maintaining the cloud infrastructure at Beacon and for its Clients.
A typical day to day of a devops engineer involves configuring Beacon’s infrastructure-as-code platform, diagnosing infrastructure related issues with other teams. Issues can be related to networking, memory/cpu usage, storage management or cloud APIs. The DevOps Engineer also works closely with Platform Engineering and Application Engineering teams to maintain the platform, and is actively involved in the automation design. The DevOps Engineer will also aid in architecture and design discussions internally and with clients. The DevOps Engineer will have very high exposure with clients to plan and drive a better solution by working closely with internal / external SMEs.
- Take requirements from clients and deploy and configure cloud resources.
- Build monitoring for infrastructure resources and proactively identify bottlenecks and advise or implement remediation steps.
- Manage deployment and CI/CD pipelines.
- Debugging and troubleshooting services, databases, cloud infrastructure.
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency.
- Work with teams internally and with Beacon clients on infrastructure design and architecture.
- Work with a global team across NY, LDN, TKO.
- Research and collaborate with the Platform Engineering team on Cloud infrastructure components.
- Take ownership of internal tools written in Python, Terraform, Puppet, Golang, TypeScript. Git for version control. Deployment environments are Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Demonstrable experience of Linux system administration.
- Self-starter and interest in cloud and software defined infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with Linux infrastructure (e.g. RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Experienced at supporting production environments.
- Experience with Terraform and Puppet.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker Compose, Consul.
- Some system level programming experience.
- Familiarity with VSCode.
- Git experience.
- Familiarity with some of: ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, NGINX, Docker, etc.
A successful candidate possess these skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- Self-motivated and isn’t afraid of taking on ownership.
- Attention to detail.
- Perseveres and drives issues and projects to completion.
- Enjoys learning new technologies and leveraging them.