About Beacon Platform
Beacon Platform enables financial services firms to get more value out of their R&D. We give businesses and their developers the flexibility and scale they need to gain a competitive edge. By streamlining the development and deployment process, we enable teams to rapidly experiment with new solutions and business models, all on the cloud. We provide clients with a powerful set of cross-asset trading and risk tools and analytics out of the box, including full access to source code, and let them build on top.
Be a part of a global team from Tokyo
We work on a global codebase, with contribution to the codebase from all our offices. Generally there isn’t a divide between what the Tokyo office works on unless it is a Tokyo driven initiative.
Our Tokyo office is quite diverse, with employees from Japan, US, Korea, Vietnam, Canada, France, and Nepal. English is the language spoken at the office, so we don’t require any Japanese abilities.
Our response to COVID-19
Since March 2020, we’ve moved to working fully remotely in response to COVID-19. The current situation makes sponsoring visas and relocation a bit tricky, so we prefer folks already based here.
About the position
This position is responsible for engaging in the customer success through continuous collaboration specifically from the platform engineering aspect, such as ensuring reliability of the platform, implementing self-healing mechanisms to maintain quick failure recovery, increasing the overall availability and ensuring high availability of the Beacon Platform for our customers. The team works closely with Application Engineering and Platform Security Engineering teams to maintain Beacon Platform and is actively involved in implementing pipelines and automation.
As a member of the team, you will design, propose and implement features and functionality to Beacon’s infrastructure-as-code platform and deliver roadmap items with teams such as Core, Front Office Suite, and Apps & Partnerships. You will also cover areas such as networking, memory/cpu optimization, storage management, cloud APIs, and Beacon microservices. You will work with a global team across New York, London, Tokyo, India and Warsaw.
- Engage in the continuous collaboration with APAC/Global customer base.
- Work on internal projects as well as customer facing projects involving topics such as infrastructure design and architecture.
- Debugging and troubleshooting services, databases, cloud infrastructure.
- Design highly performant cloud and microservices to achieve high availability of Beacon Platform.
- Build monitoring tools for infrastructure resources and proactively identify bottlenecks and advise/implement remedies.
- Manage deployment and CI/CD pipelines.
- Research and collaborate with the Platform Engineering team and Platform Security Engineering team on Cloud infrastructure components.
- Strong communication skill to drive collaboration with customers.
- Experienced at supporting production environments.
- Hands-on experience with the Enterprise Linux infrastructure (e.g. RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Experience with Python.
- Experience and/or strong curiosity with the major cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, GitLab
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Familiarity with some of the monitoring frameworks such as OpenSearch, Grafana, Prometheus
- Cloud certifications