This position is responsible for engaging in the customer success through continuous collaboration specifically from the platform engineering aspect, such as ensuring reliability of the platform, implementing self-healing mechanisms to maintain quick failure recovery, increasing the overall availability and ensuring high availability of the Beacon Platform for our customers. The team works closely with Application Engineering and Platform Security Engineering teams to maintain Beacon Platform and is actively involved in implementing pipelines and automation.
As a member of the team, you will design, propose and implement features and functionality to Beacon’s infrastructure-as-code platform and deliver roadmap items with teams such as Core, Front Office Suite, and Apps & Partnerships. You will also cover areas such as networking, memory/cpu optimization, storage management, cloud APIs, and Beacon microservices. You will work with a global team across New York, London, Tokyo, India and Warsaw.
- Engage in the continuous collaboration with APAC/Global customer base.
- Work on internal projects as well as customer facing projects involving topics such as infrastructure design and architecture.
- Debugging and troubleshooting services, databases, cloud infrastructure.
- Design highly performant cloud and microservices to achieve high availability of Beacon Platform.
- Build monitoring tools for infrastructure resources and proactively identify bottlenecks and advise/implement remedies.
- Manage deployment and CI/CD pipelines.
- Research and collaborate with the Platform Engineering team and Platform Security Engineering team on Cloud infrastructure components.
- Strong communication skill to drive collaboration with customers.
- Experienced at supporting production environments.
- Hands-on experience with the Enterprise Linux infrastructure (e.g. RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Experience with Python.
- Experience and/or strong curiosity with the major cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, GitLab
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Familiarity with some of the monitoring frameworks such as OpenSearch, Grafana, Prometheus
- Cloud certifications