beBit's flagship SaaS product is USERGRAM, which analyzes individual user behavior and is used to create business plans and marketing strategies.
Currently, more than 130 corporations use USERGRAM to analyze the behavior from a user base of over a billion people, and these numbers are rapidly growing.
Because of USERGRAM’s growth, the complexity surrounding scaling it is a constant challenge. The backend processing of all the user behavior data, consisting of hundreds of millions of user sessions annually, imposes a significant challenge with respect to the design of its data structures, architecture, and domain logic.
Half of our engineering department is non-Japanese, and if you're currently overseas but looking to relocate to Japan we welcome you to join us.
We only require basic Japanese skills (equivalent to JLPT N5) to begin with. We'll provide you with Japanese lessons, and as your Japanese abilities improve, you'll use a mix of English and Japanese to communicate internally.
About the position
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Environment construction and maintenance in the cloud using AWS and Alibaba Cloud
- Log infrastructure development using Logstash, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Improvement of our system monitoring environment using Kibana, Grafana, and Zabbix.
- Distributed stream processing of large-scale data using Kafka and Spark
- Construction of Docker-based system environments using Kubernetes and ECS
- Testing and constructing deployment environments using CI/CD tools such as CircleCI
- Construction of environments using virtual machines and containerization
We will also provide service in Mainland China, Taiwan, and the United States and are continuing to go global, so you will be involved in the design and construction of infrastructure at overseas locations in the future.
You should have:
- Practical experience with log aggregation tools and metrics visualization tools
- Knowledge and operational experience with distributed processing and horizontal scaling
- Practical software management experience using Docker
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience building a large-scale log aggregation system
- Experience implementing and managing metrics
- Experience with distributed stream processing
- Operational experience with ECS and k8s
- Experience migrating from private to public or hybrid clouds
We are looking for someone who:
- Has not only have technical skills, but can also relate to our vision for USERGRAM
- Discovers product issues themselves and proposes improvements
- Has an interest in the design of the whole service, including the working with other teams
- Communicates with team members and shares knowledge about services and technologies
- Eliminates technical debt and makes small improvements on a regular basis