beBit’s flagship SaaS product is USERGRAM, which analyzes individual user behavior and is used to create business plans and marketing strategies.
Currently, more than 130 corporations use USERGRAM to analyze the behavior from a user base of over a billion people, and these numbers are rapidly growing.
Because of USERGRAM’s growth, the complexity surrounding scaling it is a constant challenge. The backend processing of all the user behavior data, consisting of hundreds of millions of user sessions annually, imposes a significant challenge with respect to the design of its data structures, architecture, and domain logic.
Half of our engineering department is non-Japanese, and if you’re currently overseas but looking to relocate to Japan we welcome you to join us.
We only require basic Japanese skills (equivalent to JLPT N5) to begin with. We’ll provide you with Japanese lessons, and as your Japanese abilities improve, you’ll use a mix of English and Japanese to communicate internally.
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve moved to working fully remotely during this crisis. After the state of emergency declaration is lifted, though we’ll no longer be fully remote, we plan to continue working remotely to some degree.
While we’re continuing to recruit people already living in Japan, we’ve stopped recruiting the people who are living overseas until the situation settles down.
About the position
Your main mission is to make our products and projects successful while managing uncertainty. You’ll contribute to product growth by managing, triaging, forecasting, and delegating the priorities between the product stakeholders and the software engineering developers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Clarify tasks and manage progress throughout the product life cycle
- Manage resources: engineering man hours, engineering artifacts, increments and releases
- Forecast resources and identify and predict roadblocks, and prioritize product backlog, and break down tasks and assign them.
- Build consensus with individuals and the organization
- Build cooperative relationships with engineers and create an environment that facilitates project execution
- Form a bridge between engineering and project and product stakeholders, including engineering managers and product managers
You should have:
- Management experience of a software development team consisting of at least three developers
- Experience managing two or more products or projects at the same time
- Agile development management experience (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, LeSS, etc.)
- Business level Japanese skills and a willingness to work in a multilingual but predominantly Japanese environment.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience managing a SaaS development team with a release process
- Experience with quality management
We are looking for someone who:
- The ability to manage development task progress and priorities
- An intention to contribute to teams and members
- An entrepreneurial mind that is growth-oriented
- Advanced problem-solving and analysis skills
- A strong passion for project success and sense of project ownership
- A passion to learn new things continuously