On the backend, we use a combination of Rust (Tokio, tonic, Diesel), Kotlin (Micronaut, Exposed), and Node.js (Express, NestJS).
In this role, you’ll
- Design and implementation of backend systems for systems used by CADDi’s operation team, clients and their suppliers
- Selection and verification of middleware, frameworks and other technologies
- Architectural design of the entire backend system
- System improvements based on various qualitative and quantitative research (user surveys, log analysis, inquiry analysis, etc.)
- Algorithm, interface design with frontend
The applications you might be working on include
- Manufacturing cost estimation system
- Manufacturing supply chain management system
- Technical drawing management system
- Products for manufacturing partner collaboration
- And other new products in the future!
- An understanding our mission to unleash the potential of manufacturing
- 5+ years experience developing backend systems for web applications
- General knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with more than two programming languages (including frontend)
- Familiarity with development using public cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience developing in a team using Git/GitHub
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with statically typed languages incorporating functional paradigms such as Rust, Scala, etc.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing and operating microservices
- Hands-on experience developing websites with consideration of security requirements
- Hands-on experience designing and developing large-scale services
- Proficiency with container technologies such as Docker
- Hands-on experience operating services using Kubernetes
- Experience with BFF and GraphQL servers
- Understanding of user-facing frontend development
5 to 12 million JPY annually.