CADDi makes enterprise software for the manufacturing industry.
We aim to drive digitalization in the manufacturing industry, where many areas still suffer from a lack of clear standards. Establishing the industry standard is the key to streamlining and improving day-to-day operations and processes. This will require robust and flexible software development through data models that can adapt to changes in the industry.
Our software truly reflects each user’s on the ground operations. Understanding their operating process and its components, then selecting suitable data design and structure will help redefine and optimize their tasks.
For more details on CADDi’s business, please see our official site’s page on our globalization effort.
We work in small teams using Scrum
Our development teams typically have four or five members, and are supported by a Tech Lead and Engineering Manager. The development cycles are based on Scrum, and we use JIRA to track tasks.
Choice of fully remote or visiting the office
We allow employees to work fully remotely. Though our head office is in Tokyo, you can live anywhere in Japan.
An increasingly international team
There are over fifty members in our rapidly growing engineering team, and about four of them come from international backgrounds. We have plans to accelerate our overseas expansion starting this year, and the number of international members will increase rapidly. Though our main language is Japanese, we don’t require any Japanese ability, as some of our members speak English, including the CTO who is a native English speaker.
We support relocation from overseas
If you aren’t in Japan yet, we welcome you to apply. We’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. While waiting to be relocated, you’ll work remotely. Because we do a fair amount of synchronous work, we’ll have you work Japanese business hours (an eight hour work day plus one hour lunch, sometime between 9:00 and 20:00 JST).
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve transitioned to remote work to ensure employees safety during COVID, and we’ll continue this even after it subsides. While we’re open to considering engineers looking to relocate to Japan, travel restrictions have made it difficult to give a clear timeframe for relocation. Should we extend you an offer, we’ll apply for a certificate of eligibility for you, that will make obtaining a visa trivial once the borders open, and we’re open to making special accommodations, such as starting you on a remote contract.
About the position
At CADDi, we have a massive amount of technical drawings, corresponding quotations, along with data describing the required manufacturing processes. By processing these data into a form that is easier to utilize and quickly implementing the cycle of hypothesis testing, we aim to find answers to the problems faced by the manufacturing industry.
In this role, you’ll
- Design and implementation of the data infrastructure for
- Manufacturing cost estimation data
- Transaction performance data
- Manufacturing control process data
- Usage data for various products
- Perform analysis of base data to obtain hypotheses concerning business and operational improvement
- Build data processing pipelines in cooperation with algorithm designers
- An understanding our mission to unleash the potential of manufacturing
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with server-side technologies
- 3+ years of experience with data pipelines or data processing frameworks
- Experience using SQL for analysis
- General knowledge of Linux-based infrastructure and public cloud architecture
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker
- Experience operating container-related technologies such as Kubernetes, Tekton, Argo, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline technologies such as Airflow, Apache Beam, Spark, etc.
- Hands-on experience with declarative infrastructure-as-code technologies (terraform, puppet, ansible, etc)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- General knowledge of computer networking
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience monitoring data pipelines with modern solutions such as Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc
- Experience with production use cases of Elasticsearch
- Experience in application development or analysis work with Rust, Python, MATLAB, or R
5 - 12 million JPY annually.