The platform engineering team’s mission is to foster innovation, and increase the agility of the engineering organization. From building the foundational infrastructure to developing middleware, you will be part of a fast-paced technical team that is focused on empowering other technical teams to deliver ever increasing value to customers and users.
- Development, maintenance, and operation of CADDi’s cloud infrastructure for systems used by the operations team, clients, and suppliers
- Development and operation of automation DevOps tools used to maintain a minimum level of quality throughout the organization
- Developing operations for monitoring and alerting to be used by the application teams
- Standardization of the technical stack and system architecture where appropriate
- SLI/SLO formulation and operation
- Selection and/or development of middleware for use across the organization
- An understanding of our mission to unleash the potential of manufacturing
- General working knowledge of Linux, networking, virtual machines, and container technologies
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, or other private cloud equivalents)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing backend applications (experience with statically typed languages is preferable)
- 3+ years of team-based development experience using version control systems (git, svn, hg, p4, etc)
- Experience working with SaaS tools to supplement in-house development (monitoring services, managed databases, etc)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with building out application infrastructure on GCP
- Experience with technical infrastructure and service stabilization for medium sized 50+ person engineering teams
- Experience with service mesh, service discovery, and multi-region distributed computing infrastructure
- Experience working with Datadog to monitor and track organizational goals and health indicators
- Experience working with Elasticsearch/OpenSearch
- Strong background in web application security and/or experience as a security engineer
5 - 12 million JPY annually.
5 to 12 million JPY annually.