We are looking for an engineer with a strong background in developing and scaling distributed systems.
We are developing a single page application built with React and TypeScript while the backend API is implemented with the Django framework. Our backend stack is based on PostgreSQL, Redis and runs on AWS.
What you’ll do
- Foster strong collaboration among team members and help them solve problems. You’ll work with a variety of different roles such as machine learning engineers, quality assurance, product owners, designers, and analysts.
- Architect and develop optimal solutions to complex problems, being a key contributor to the overall system and software development life-cycle process.
- Build and maintain scalable applications, monitoring, testing and continuously optimizing your designs.
These are not hard guidelines, but rather we’re looking for someone with some combination of the below. When applying, let us know which of these you have, and we’ll decide if you’re a match.
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Experience with a Python web framework like Django.
- Efficient at writing and profiling/analyzing SQL queries.
- Professional software development experience of at least five years.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environments and challenges.
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated testing.
- Have worked on customer-facing products at scale.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability, both verbally and in writing.
- You value team success over personal success.
- Passionate about coding, and a contributor to open source projects.
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.