About Crowd Cast
Crowd Cast is a Tokyo based Fintech startup. Our quest is to build applications that simplify and take the pain out of business processes. Staple, our core product, is an payment management solution to simplify payment process between company and employees.
We promote from within
As our startup grows, our team grows too. With it, new positions with greater responsibilities open up. Rather than hiring externally, our default is to promote someone from within to a more senior position. So even if you were to start with us as a junior developer, you won’t be one for long, and if you join as a senior developer, you can quickly become a tech lead.
English is our shared language
While our company is made of around 50% non-Japanese employees,the Engineering Team is very international, with members from the US, Belgium, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Japan, India, France, the UK and Norway.
We communicate exclusively in English. While the business side of the company is primarily Japanese, almost everyone there can speak English too, and so communication will default to English. We generally don’t require Japanese ability for positions, and only being able to speak English won’t hurt your progression within the company.
Work flexibly in the way that suits you best
We offer flex-time with core time of 11:00~15:00, just to give us some chance for synchronous communication. Otherwise, we don’t care if you’re an early bird who starts your day at 5am or a night owl who starts at 11am.
We mix remote work with coming into the office one or two days per week.
Generous holiday package
In addition to national holidays, we offer 20 paid holidays per year and additional summer / winter holidays (3 days & 5 days). We want you to have a good work life balance, and understand taking vacations is an important part of working sustainably.
We generally conduct a series of three interviews: technical, cultural and with our CEO.
Our response to COVID-19
Crowd Cast was working completely remotely in 2020-2021 at the peak of the pandemic.
Since November 2021, our team members are coming to the office 1 day a week to close the communication gap created by working remotely. We have found that it is a good balance as everybody is happy to meet, exchange directly and share an occasional drink after work.
About the position
We are in the planning process for transitioning our core app from React Native to native Android and iOS apps. You will get the chance to make impactful suggestions and participate to the app rewrite from scratch in collaboration with our senior Android engineer. In addition we also have a smaller iOS app that will require occasional maintenance.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings and product meetings
- Be responsible of your features impact on reliability, security and scalability
- Be proactive and give your professional input to the rest of the team
- At least one year of development experience on iOS (Swift)
- Knowledge of and experience with standard libraries, frameworks, and build tools
- Knowledge of and experience with UI/UX design and development (custom views, interaction, etc.)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- English (business level or higher) is a must
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Unit test and UI test experience for iOS
- iOS application architecture knowledge
- Experience working with Agile methodology
Yearly total salary will depend on skills and qualifications, but is around 5.5M JPY (includes biannual fixed bonus). We also offer an incentive bonus (2 times/year if applicable), remote work allowance, and stock options.