About Crowd Cast
Crowd Cast is a Tokyo based Fintech startup. Staple, our core product, is a payment management solution to simplify the payment process between a company and its employees. We are looking for people with an innovative and proactive mindset, seeking to thrive in a fast-moving, international environment.
We try to maintain a startup culture, such as flexible working hours, with the option to occasionally work remotely. The team is international and multicultural. Our office is part of a shared workspace located in the financial district of Tokyo. We value the quality of our code putting emphasis on code reviews and testing.
- Flex-time with core time of 11:00~15:00, with a working day of 8 hours plus 1 hour lunch
- Remote work (1~2 days a week)
- 20 paid holidays/year, in addition to national holidays
- Health insurance & pension
Our response to COVID-19
Since before COVID-19, we had a policy of allowing remote work one to two days per week. With COVID-19, for the time being, we’ve transitioned to full remote. As we had existing infrastructure to support remote work, the transition went quite smoothly. Even after the state of emergency is lifted, we will keep working remotely until we feel it’s safe enough to return to the office.
Because we’re currently opperating fully remotely, all interviews will obviously conducted via video conference as well.
About the position
For this position, we are looking for people who are already residents of Japan.
- Develop new features and refactor our Ruby on Rails application through test driven development
- Problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings and product meetings
- Be responsible of your features impact on reliability, security and scalability
- Be proactive and give your professional input to the rest of the team
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualification/degree in a related field (ex : Coding bootcamp, university degree, …)
- Eligible for a visa to work as a software engineer
- Knowledge of best practices for code readability
- Ability to swiftly troubleshoot and debug
- Ability to write detailed documentation
- Understanding of continuous integration and Git
Nice to have
- Business-level Japanese
- Experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience on Heroku and AWS
- Experience using PostgreSQL
- Experience collaborating with a team through Git
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Yearly total salary : Around 4 million JPY (depends on your experience and qualifications), includes fixed bonus (2 times/year)
- Incentive bonus (2 times/year)
- Commuting expense support