About Crowd Cast
Crowd Cast is a Tokyo based Fintech startup. Staple, our core product, is a payment management solution to simplify the payment process between a company and its employees. We are looking for people with an innovative and proactive mindset, seeking to thrive in a fast-moving, international environment.
We promote from within
As our startup grows, our team grows too. With it, new positions with greater responsibilities open up. Rather than hiring externally, our default is to promote someone from within to a more senior position. So even if you were to start with us as a junior developer, you won’t be one for long, and if you join as a senior developer, you can quickly become a tech lead.
English is our shared language
The engineering team is almost entirely non-Japanese, and we communicate exclusively in English. While the business side of the company is primarily Japanese, almost everyone there can speak English too, and so communication will default to English. We generally don’t require Japanese ability for positions, and only being able to speak English won’t hurt your progression within the company.
Work flexibly in the way that suits you best
We offer flex-time with core time of 11:00~15:00, just to give us some chance for synchronous communication. Otherwise, we don’t care if you’re an early bird who starts your day at 5am or a night owl who starts at 11am.
We’ve also embraced remote work, and have some members who are working fully remotely. If you prefer working from an office, we have a shared workspace located in the financial district of Tokyo. Some combination of remote and office work is fine too: it’s your choice.
Generous holiday package
In addition to national holidays, we offer 20 paid holidays per year. We want you to have a good work life balance, and understand taking vacations is an important part of working sustainably.
Our response to COVID-19
Since before COVID-19, we had a policy of allowing remote work one to two days per week. With COVID-19, we now allow people to work entirely remotely.
About the position
For this position, we are looking for people who are already residents of Japan.
- Develop new features and refactor our Ruby on Rails application through test driven development
- Problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings and product meetings
- Be responsible of your features impact on reliability, security and scalability
- Be proactive and give your professional input to the rest of the team
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualification/degree in a related field (ex : Coding bootcamp, university degree, …)
- Eligible for a visa to work as a software engineer
- Knowledge of best practices for code readability
- Ability to swiftly troubleshoot and debug
- Ability to write detailed documentation
- Understanding of continuous integration and Git
Nice to have
- Business-level Japanese
- Experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience on Heroku and AWS
- Experience using PostgreSQL
- Experience collaborating with a team through Git
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Yearly total salary : Around 4 million JPY (depends on your experience and qualifications), includes fixed bonus (2 times/year)
- Incentive bonus (2 times/year)
- Commuting expense support