About Crowd Cast
Crowd Cast is a Tokyo based Fintech startup. Our quest is to build applications that simplify and take the pain out of business processes. Staple, our core product, is an payment management solution to simplify payment process between company and employees.
We promote from within
As our startup grows, our team grows too. With it, new positions with greater responsibilities open up. Rather than hiring externally, our default is to promote someone from within to a more senior position. So even if you were to start with us as a junior developer, you won’t be one for long, and if you join as a senior developer, you can quickly become a tech lead.
English is our shared language
While our company is made of around 50% non-Japanese employees,the Engineering Team is very international, with members from the US, Belgium, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Japan, India, France, the UK and Norway.
We communicate exclusively in English. While the business side of the company is primarily Japanese, almost everyone there can speak English too, and so communication will default to English. We generally don’t require Japanese ability for positions, and only being able to speak English won’t hurt your progression within the company.
Work flexibly in the way that suits you best
We offer flex-time with core time of 11:00~15:00, just to give us some chance for synchronous communication. Otherwise, we don’t care if you’re an early bird who starts your day at 5am or a night owl who starts at 11am.
We mix remote work with coming into the office one or two days per week.
Generous holiday package
In addition to national holidays, we offer 20 paid holidays per year and additional summer / winter holidays (3 days & 5 days). We want you to have a good work life balance, and understand taking vacations is an important part of working sustainably.
We generally conduct a series of three interviews: technical, cultural and with our CEO.
Our response to COVID-19
Crowd Cast was working completely remotely in 2020-2021 at the peak of the pandemic.
Since November 2021, our team members are coming to the office 1 day a week to close the communication gap created by working remotely. We have found that it is a good balance as everybody is happy to meet, exchange directly and share an occasional drink after work.
About the position
For this position, we are looking for people who are already residents of Japan.
- Build & maintain core product
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced environment Participate in scheduled engineering meetings and product meetings
- Develop features and refactor the application through test driven development Be proactive and give your professional input to the rest of the team
Skills & Qualifications
- English (Business Level)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with mobile development in React Native
- Experience with native iOS or native Android development
- Understanding of Mobile UI & UX industry standards
- Experience with App Store / Google Play release process
- Experience with REST API
- Fundamentals with git, npm
Nice to have
- Can use photoshop / sketch
- Experience with TestFlight / Google Beta / Microsoft AppCenter
- Knowledge of Swift/Objective C or Java/Kotlin
- Experience with graphql (Relay / Apollo)
- Performance testing, profile and tuning
- Google analytics
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Yearly total salary : Around 5.5M JPY (includes 2 fixed bonuses)
- Commuting expense support