Cryptact provides an investment management platform for individual investors in Japan, known as Cryptact Grid. The first service launched on Grid, tax@cryptact, is Japan’s largest service for profit/loss calculation and tax assistance in cryptocurrencies. The second service, Ideabook, in which you can openly share investment ideas, is gaining attention from financial institutions for its possibility.
We communicate internally in English, so no Japanese ability is required. However, due to COVID-19, we are currently looking for candidates already based in Japan.
- The office is 3 minutes’ walk from Yotsuya station, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan. Our core time is from 10:00 to 16:00
- Upon on-boarding, you can choose your preferred development environment (an OS of your choice, PC, monitor, mouse, etc) within a certain budget.
- You can enroll in a Japanese lesson held onsite by an invited teacher. We regard this as a necessary business skill, thus the lesson is done during business hours, and the firm fully covers the cost.
- Sick leave during first six months of employment, accelerated paid leave schedule (10 days after 6 months, and 15 days after 1.5 years), and additional paid leave for family emergencies, marriage, and childbirth.
Our response to COVID-19
The health and well-being of our employees is one of our utmost important management concerns. Early on in March we switched to a full remote workplace and remained that way for the duration of the national emergency. We also shifted our core time to allow people to commute in off-hours periods. We have also switched back to full-remote on an ad-hoc basis in accordance with national and local guidelines. However, we treasure open communication, discourse and teamwork as one of the pillars of our company. While this is possible in many ways with a remote arrangement, we try to focus on in-person meetings, face-to-face discussions and an atmosphere of learning and knowledge sharing. Thus our base policy is for an in-office environment. However, our management team all have family and other personal obligations and understand the unique situations that exist for every single individual. In many cases where special accommodations are required for members of our team we do our best to work with the individual to accommodate their needs. Nearly every member of our team has taken advantage of this relationship in dealing with family obligations, vacation, and ad-hoc remote arrangements.
Given the current public health situation, the first few interviews will be done remotely.
- First interview (to check what is written on resume, basic cultural fit, online)
- Tech assignment (if deemed necessary)
- Second interview (tech in depth)
- Final discussion (with directors)
About the position
We are looking for a mid-level fullstack engineer who will work with our existing team of engineers to grow and expand our platform. You will join the existing team of full-stack engineers developing our web/mobile client/backend as a specialist. You will also work closely with the team and have an opportunity to expand your backend/server skill set while learning front-end technologies like React and React Native.
- Experience working as a software developer for 3+ years
- Have a strong team mentality with discipline towards reviews, cooperation and knowledge sharing
Other welcomed skills
While these are not required, please tell us if you have any of the following.
- Ability to design, implement, and optimize a process and/or workflow to deal with large scale data and high throughput services in a micro service environment
- Interest in TypeScript if you haven’t worked with it
- Experience in Node.js/React/ReactNative
- Fluency in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Redis
- Experience in mobile application development for Android and/or iOS.
- Experience in recent development tools such as Docker, GitHub, CircleCI.
- Knowledge of AWS and infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of investment in financial products.
- Proficiency in Japanese.
We offer salary and compensation that is on-par or above industry standards in Japan. Depending on individual performance and qualifications, equity-based award schemes are also considered.