Cryptact provides an investment management platform for individual investors in Japan, known as Cryptact Grid. The first service launched on Grid is Japan’s largest service for profit/loss calculation and tax assistance in cryptocurrencies. The second service, Ideabook, in which you can openly share investment ideas, is gaining attention from financial institutions for its possibility.
We communicate internally in English, so no Japanese ability is required. However, due to COVID-19, we are currently looking for candidates already based in Japan.
- The office is 3 minutes walk from Kojimachi station, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
- Our core time is from 10:00 to 16:00.
- Upon onboarding, you can choose your preferred development environment (an OS of your choice, PC, monitor, mouse, etc) within a certain budget.
- Depending on your level of Japanese, you’ll be able to enroll in a Japanese lesson held onsite by inviting a teacher. We regard this as a necessary business skill, thus the lesson is done during business hours, and the firm fully covers the cost. The same would apply to non-native English speakers to take English classes.
- Sick leave during the first six months of employment, accelerated paid leave schedule, additional paid leave for family emergencies and marriage/childbirth.
- A housing rent program after the probation period.
Our response to COVID-19
The health and well-being of our employees is one of our utmost important management concerns. Early on in March last year we switched to a full remote workplace and remained that way for the duration of the national emergency. We shifted our core time to allow people to commute in off-hours periods. We have also switched back to full-remote on an ad-hoc basis in accordance with national and local guidelines.
However, we treasure open communication, discourse and teamwork as one of the pillars of our company. While this is possible in many ways with a remote arrangement, we try to focus on in-person meetings, face-to-face discussions and an atmosphere of learning and knowledge sharing. Thus our base policy is for an in-office environment.
Having said that, our management team all have family and other personal obligations and understand the unique situations that exist for every single individual. In many cases where special accommodations are required for members of our team we do our best to work with the individual to accommodate their needs. Nearly every member of our team has taken advantage of this relationship in dealing with family obligations, vacation, and ad-hoc remote arrangements.
Given the current public health situation, the first few interviews will be done remotely.
- First interview (to check what is written on resume, basic cultural fit, online)
- Second interview (tech in depth)
- Final discussion (with a tech director and CEO)
About the position
You are going to join an early phase of the project and lead a team of developers of a joint project with Tokyo University hospital, which aims to establish a market of medical images backed by a blockchain for traceability, to foster developments of medical AIs. This is supposed to handle a large amount of data, and you will always need to keep in mind its security and performance.
As a team lead, you will cover the entire SDLC of the project. First, you will work with SMEs to understand the requirements and come up with an architecture design and an implementation plan. Some requirements need coordination of external partners so that you will be asked to join the conversation to provide your opinions. You can also discuss with other experienced members in Cryptact about the choice of technologies you will make. Because this is a small team, you will also work on the development/testing on a hands-on basis together with the other developers. If necessary, you’ll discuss your team-building plan with business owners.
- Knowledge of infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience in full-stack web development
- A good communication skill to all stakeholders, both internal and external, in an adequate media and style.
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Nice to haves
While these are not required, please tell us if you have any of the following.
- Mobile application experience in whatever format (ReactNative, Capacitor, etc)
- Experience in leading a team of developers
- Experience in medical image application development
- Knowledge in blockchain programming
- Experience in python development including Django
From 7m JPY annually. Stock option are also available.