As a Backend Engineer, you’ll join our team in crafting our efficient, stateless, and elegant gRPC/JSON web APIs, and build and maintain the infrastructure to host them together with our customers. We believe that you prefer languages such as Go or Python, working with the latest communication protocols such as gRPC and QUIC and center your stack around open source technologies and Linux. Perhaps you like Docker and Kubernetes just as we do?
You’ll take advantage of many of the latest trends in technology. Examples of technologies we’ve recently used include data stream processing at scale with Kafka, container orchestration with Kubernetes on GCP, graph based databases such as Dgraph, Mosquitto for IoT integrations and using Hyperledger Fabric for Blockchain storage. We also hope that you’re passionate about choosing the right tool for the problem no matter if it’s Golang, Python, Node.js or perhaps something else - just like us.
- Grooming, planning, estimating user stories & features with PM, PO and the rest of the team
- Making architectural decisions together with the team
- Coding, lot’s of coding
- Planning and implementing testing strategies
- Helping out with recruiting, onboarding and training new members
- Pushing the team to achieve even more
- Basic Japanese (e.g. JLPT N4)
- At least 3 years of experience related to the position
- Passion for learning and applying new programming languages such as Golang, Rust, Kotlin
- Experience in OOP, functional programming
- 1+ years of extending and maintaining live production environments
- 1+ years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining web apis
- 1+ years utilizing PostgreSQL, MySQL or any other RDMS
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with working as a part of a larger development team
- Experience with working with contract work (such deliverable based contracts)
- NoSQL, caching or graph databases such as MongoDB, redis or dgraph
- Utilizing cloud technologies such as GCP or AWS for production purposes
- Building modern server rendered application with frameworks such as Next.js
- Designing and building serverless applications
- Utilizing new protocols such as HTTP/2, gRPC or QUIC
- Data streaming with Kafka
Annual compensation is ¥3 to ¥8 million, plus a bonus on top.