As a Backend Engineer, you’ll join our team in crafting our efficient, stateless, and elegant gRPC/JSON web APIs, and build and maintain the infrastructure to host them together with our customers. We believe that you prefer languages such as Go or Python, working with the latest communication protocols such as gRPC and QUIC and center your stack around open source technologies and Linux. Perhaps you like Docker and Kubernetes just as we do?
You’ll take advantage of many of the latest trends in technology. Examples of technologies we’ve recently used include data stream processing at scale with Kafka, container orchestration with Kubernetes on GCP, graph based databases such as Dgraph, Mosquitto for IoT integrations and using Hyperledger Fabric for Blockchain storage. We also hope that you’re passionate about choosing the right tool for the problem no matter if it’s Golang, Python, Node.js or perhaps something else - just like us.
- Grooming, planning, estimating user stories & features with PM, PO and the rest of the team
- Making architectural decisions together with the team
- Coding, lot’s of coding
- Planning and implementing testing strategies
- Helping out with recruiting, onboarding and training new members
- Pushing the team to achieve even more
- Basic Japanese ability (e.g. JLPT N4)
- Ability to work in-house at least partially
- At least 1 year of experience related to the position
- Backend programming language experience (e.g. Go, Python, Node.js, Rust, etc.)
- Database experience (e.g. MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Docker experience
- Linux experience
- Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services experience
3 to 8 million JPY annually, plus a bonus on top.