As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll build our web and mobile apps together with our UX/UI Designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking a leading role on both how applications look as well as work - creating apps together with our customers that solve their users needs with a touch of joy.
The web applications you build will have clean code and reusable components, with automated tests to accompany them. They’ll be optimized for performance and scalability. We believe that you have mastered the intricacies of React and Flexbox, believe that managing your own webpack configurations is a waste of time, know the value of testing with Enzyme and want to leave a thorough footprint on what you are building. Perhaps you’ve also delved with cross-platform frameworks such as React Native and Flutter and want to explore that further?
- Grooming & planning user stories & features with PM and the rest of the team
- Making architectural decisions together with the team
- Coding, lot’s of coding
- Planning and implementing testing strategies
- Helping out with recruiting, onboarding and training new members
- Pushing the team to achieve even more
- Conversational Japanese
- At least 2 years of experience related to the position
- Passion for learning and applying new frameworks such as Flutter
- Experience in OOP, functional programming
- 2+ years of extending and maintaining live production environments
- 1+ years utilizing React/TypeScript or Swift, Kotlin (preferably Flutter)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Native proficiency in Japanese, or JLPT N1 or N2.
- Development methodologies such as TDD, SOLID or SCRUM
- Development experience for mobile platforms with frameworks such as Flutter
- Experience utilizing SCSS, Less, Sass or styled-components (if web)
- Has been involved in the performance & delivery optimization of web apps
- Utilizing new protocols such as HTTP/2, gRPC or QUIC for communicating with servers