Dreamly is a startup targeting the healthcare industry from small town Japan with an international mindset and also providing cutting edge IT consultancy services to other startups all over Japan.
Being different is our strength
Founded by a Swede in Kagawa, we’re not your typical IT startup. Our small team has members from Sweden and Japan, and as we grow it, diversity is something we strive to increase, as having a wide variety of perspectives makes us stronger.
This variety in perspectives is what enabled us to see the possible solutions to the problems we were seeing in the Japanese society and our backgrounds helped us understand that it is not a problem located not only in Japan, especially in this world standing still due to COVID-19.
Up until now we’ve been providing consultancy services but now we are finally embracing the opportunity of entering active development of our brainchild.
Providing IT consultancy services as Startup-as-a-Service
It’s important for us to share our know-how with other startups in Japan who are trying to make something truly unique, providing concrete sustainable value to their end-users. This we do by providing a dedicated remote agile team which is working together with our customers with the aim of not only creating product value but also enabling our customers to continue development on their own in the future. A part of this is reflected in our way to choose who we work together with - companies who are open to our suggestions and ideas is a key aspect of this. We look thoroughly at their culture, vision and strategies but also do a sanity check on their business model - sometimes we also provide necessary advice if we believe the customer has overlooked vital aspects.
We are going to take Healthcare to the next level
The hospital experience in the healthcare industry in Japan has been standing still for decades, relying on solutions not even considering the current age of smartphones. Together with our partners, and upcoming customers, we are going to create a new solution aiming to bring the hospital experience to the digital age, aiming to make hospitals an efficient experience - but also creating new cash points for patients and staff.
This we will do by bringing Swedish efficiency in processes and the sense of Japanese craftsmanship together while working tightly together with the existing hospitals and clinics along with a touch of Hyperledger Fabric and user centric design.
What we can offer
We believe in a Swedish saying - “Frihet under ansvar” which roughly translates to “Freedom comes with responsibility”. Take ownership of your responsibilities and what you build then you can adjust your work hours freely and also choose where to spend them - like working while traveling.
The work we do has the chance to make a positive impact on society, something that will actually matter to people - and we believe that this is something that is important for you just as much as it is for us.
We offer market level salaries complemented with a lucrative equity package, accompanied with the ability to leave a footprint on the platform we are building.
At the moment we are only looking for applicants who are currently within Japan due to visa difficulties caused by COVID-19, though in exceptional cases, we’ll consider initially hiring you on a remote contract until the borders open.
Depending on the candidate, full time commitment on remote may be offered but we prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to Takamatsu in Kagawa.
Our response to COVID-19
- Full remote option for more senior members (junior members are challenging for us to manage on remote)
- Partitions between members in the office, alcogel & face masks readily available at the entrance
- Frequently open windows to weather out and try to keep the ventilation as “fresh” as possible
- When in physical meeting, either take 2-3 m distance to each other if possible and usage of face masks
- Usage of public transportation is discouraged and movement outside the office should be kept to a minimum with face masks on
About the position
As a UX Designer, you’ll help us design our web and mobile apps together with our engineers, taking initiative on how our applications look.
We care about incorporating and evaluating the trends overseas in our apps and we hope that you’re keeping an eye out for new trends and design patterns as well. Always striving to grow as a person and as a professional is something that our team is keen on and we hope that you share in this as well.
Your position will entail tasks such as
- Grooming & planning user stories & features with PM and the rest of the team
- Doing field research together with customers and PM
- Designing, prototyping, sketching
- Planning and implementing user evaluation strategies
- Helping out with recruiting and onboarding new members
As this position will be for an member of our team, we ask that you fulfill the following requirements:
- Native proficiency in Japanese, or JLPT N1 or N2.
- Past projects, private or in school, showcasing your passion and skills
We would also like to see experience with any of the following:
- Actual project experience relating to UX/UI
- Experience with Graphical Design
- Experience with designing for Web and Mobile
- Has been involved in shipping apps and iterating
- Experience with processes such as Lean UX
- Understands the concepts behind design patterns such as Material Design and Atomic Design