HENNGE is at the forefront of the changing workplace. In a world of constant change, we harnesses the power of transformative technology and makes it accessible and secure for all since 1996. It’s a simple story, but one that drives us forward today.
Everyday HENNGE One, one of the top cloud security services in Japan, enables customers to adopt flexible work environments and safely harness the power of the cloud from any location. With cloud security taken care of, employees are free to focus on working smarter, improving quality and achieving business results.
We are eager to leverage the talent available worldwide. While expanding our business, we have changed our official language to English, and now enjoy a workforce with members coming from overseas. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for talented software engineers (front-end, back-end, DevOps) to join our team in Tokyo (no Japanese required).
5 reasons why you will enjoy working at HENNGE
- HENNGE offers a diverse development team with people from over 10 different countries who love both technology and Japanese culture. Situated in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, HENNGE offers a non-traditional Japanese experience working in Shibuya, one of the busiest and most exciting places in the world.
- HENNGE comprehensively supports your relocation and onboarding to Japan - from your visa all the way to private Japanese lessons.
- Work life balance is highly valued at HENNGE, and lots of fun happens at our office! Weekly board game nights, 90+ social channels in our Slack, internal events, various seasonal in-house events, monthly technical sessions followed by beer bashes, attendance of international tech conferences, bi-weekly company-wide communication lunches, new business contests…
- Our CEO is our CTO and director of our product development teams. He is still keen on the latest technology and ensures we’re always on the bleeding edge. Having a leader who truly understands and is still involved in the tech side of the business makes for an exciting and supportive environment for engineers.
- Working in tight-knit autonomous teams will allow you to make influential decisions that will evolve our services further. Working in an agile manner will enable you to steer the future of all aspects of our products - from UX and architecture to development and deployment.
10:00 - 19:00 with flextime (core hours between 11:00 - 16:00).
Fully remote, with the option to come into the office
We have a full work from home policy but, our Tokyo office is open for anyone who wants to come in. Though the probability is quite low, there might be some instances in which you’ll be requested to come to the office, so we would like you to live somewhere that makes that possible.
Annual paid leave (maximum of 10 days for the first year and will increase over time), New Year’s holiday (Dec 29th - Jan 3rd), an extra four days to be used during the summer time, and national holidays. We also separately provide the ability to take paid time off to care for a family member.
Bonus pay twice a year, health insurance, employment insurance, industrial injury insurance, welfare pension insurance, employee stock ownership plan and benefits for your important life events supporting various SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity).
Opportunities to attend international and domestic conferences and financial support for technical learning programs and various technical certifications.
About the position
This internship is an uncompensated training program. If you are located outside of Japan, please see this position instead.
Join us for a unique four-week remote internship with HENNGE, that will offer you both personal and professional development opportunities. Experience working remotely in a Japanese company that prides itself on cultivating an internationally diverse culture. You will work alongside our experienced Cloud Product Development engineers with a dedicated mentor.
In the HENNGE Remote Global Internship Program (rGIP), you will acquire practical application development skills using Python and Go. rGIP will give you hands-on experience using state-of-the-art cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform to develop applications. Japanese is not required as English is our primary language.
Candidates living in Japan will have the opportunity to join the internship partially on site if they choose. Candidates who choose to attend physically are eligible to receive a subsidy for living expenses for the internship duration.
Attending the internship physically is not required nor will it affect your internship performance.
4 weeks (from 10 AM until 7 PM from Monday to Friday)
2021 Remote Batches
Batch A : Jul 5 - Jul 30 ( 4 weeks) Batch B : Aug 2 - Aug 27 ( 4 weeks)
Week 1 & 2 - Fullstack Training Week 3 & 4 - DevOps Training
- Insights into how a leading Cloud Security company develops its product from start to finish from experiencing it for yourself.
- An understanding of how to deploy a web application natively on a cloud platform
- Experience developing web applications
- To attend company events (Monthly Technical Sessions, Board Game Night, and many others!)
- To enjoy get-to-know-you virtual lunches
For candidates attending the on-site internship:
- Company provided PC
- Commuting expenses, accommodation fee (if applicable)
- At least second-year of university completed or fresh graduate with BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related area of study
- Experience in systems, software, and/or algorithms
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment
- Proficiency with Python or Go
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
- Fluency in English (Japanese is not required)
Please note that this program is part of the pre-hiring process, those interested in seeking a career in Japan will be at a significant advantage.
Please note that the contents of the job description are targeted at candidates living in Japan. If you are located outside of japan Japan, please see this position instead.
March 23 - May 21, 2021
We will be accepting applications to be in the 2021 Summer batch from March 23rd - May 21st 23:59 (JST). There is no time limit for the challenge and solving time will not be considered in the screening process. The application process must be completed by May 21st to be considered for the 2021 Summer batch.
- HENNGE Admission Challenge
- Screening Process
- Online Interview
The internship slots for Batch A and B (2021) are limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and so it is in your best interest to apply early. The deadline for Batch A and B (2021) is May 21st, 23:59 JST. Applications will be closed after the slots have been filled. Solving time will not be considered during the screening process.