This internship is an uncompensated training program. If you are located outside of Japan, please see this position instead.
Join us for a unique four-week remote internship with HENNGE, that will offer you both personal and professional development opportunities. Experience working remotely in a Japanese company that prides itself on cultivating an internationally diverse culture. You will work alongside our experienced Cloud Product Development engineers with a dedicated mentor.
In the HENNGE Remote Global Internship Program (rGIP), you will acquire practical application development skills using Python and Go. rGIP will give you hands-on experience using state-of-the-art cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform to develop applications. Japanese is not required as English is our primary language.
Candidates living in Japan will have the opportunity to join the internship partially on site if they choose. Candidates who choose to attend physically are eligible to receive a subsidy for living expenses for the internship duration.
Attending the internship physically is not required nor will it affect your internship performance.
4 weeks (from 10 AM until 7 PM from Monday to Friday)
2021 Remote Batches
Batch A : Jul 5 - Jul 30 ( 4 weeks) Batch B : Aug 2 - Aug 27 ( 4 weeks)
Week 1 & 2 - Fullstack Training Week 3 & 4 - DevOps Training
- Insights into how a leading Cloud Security company develops its product from start to finish from experiencing it for yourself.
- An understanding of how to deploy a web application natively on a cloud platform
- Experience developing web applications
- To attend company events (Monthly Technical Sessions, Board Game Night, and many others!)
- To enjoy get-to-know-you virtual lunches
For candidates attending the on-site internship:
- Company provided PC
- Commuting expenses, accommodation fee (if applicable)
- At least second-year of university completed or fresh graduate with BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related area of study
- Experience in systems, software, and/or algorithms
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment
- Proficiency with Python or Go
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
- Fluency in English (Japanese is not required)
Please note that this program is part of the pre-hiring process, those interested in seeking a career in Japan will be at a significant advantage.
Please note that the contents of the job description are targeted at candidates living in Japan. If you are located outside of japan Japan, please see this position instead.
March 23 - May 21, 2021
We will be accepting applications to be in the 2021 Summer batch from March 23rd - May 21st 23:59 (JST). There is no time limit for the challenge and solving time will not be considered in the screening process. The application process must be completed by May 21st to be considered for the 2021 Summer batch.
- HENNGE Admission Challenge
- Screening Process
- Online Interview
The internship slots for Batch A and B (2021) are limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and so it is in your best interest to apply early. The deadline for Batch A and B (2021) is May 21st, 23:59 JST. Applications will be closed after the slots have been filled. Solving time will not be considered during the screening process.