HENNGE is at the forefront of the changing workplace. In a world of constant change, we harnesses the power of transformative technology and makes it accessible and secure for all since 1996. It’s a simple story, but one that drives us forward today.
Everyday HENNGE One, one of the top cloud security services in Japan, enables customers to adopt flexible work environments and safely harness the power of the cloud from any location. With cloud security taken care of, employees are free to focus on working smarter, improving quality and achieving business results.
We are eager to leverage the talent available worldwide. While expanding our business, we have changed our official language to English, and now enjoy a workforce with members coming from overseas. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for talented software engineers (front-end, back-end, DevOps) to join our team in Tokyo (no Japanese required).
5 reasons why you will enjoy working at HENNGE
- HENNGE offers a diverse development team with people from over 10 different countries who love both technology and Japanese culture. Situated in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, HENNGE offers a non-traditional Japanese experience working in Shibuya, one of the busiest and most exciting places in the world.
- HENNGE comprehensively supports your relocation and onboarding to Japan - from your visa all the way to private Japanese lessons.
- Work life balance is highly valued at HENNGE, and lots of fun happens at our office! Weekly board game nights, 90+ social channels in our Slack, internal events, various seasonal in-house events, monthly technical sessions followed by beer bashes, attendance of international tech conferences, bi-weekly company-wide communication lunches, new business contests…
- Our CEO is our CTO and director of our product development teams. He is still keen on the latest technology and ensures we’re always on the bleeding edge. Having a leader who truly understands and is still involved in the tech side of the business makes for an exciting and supportive environment for engineers.
- Working in tight-knit autonomous teams will allow you to make influential decisions that will evolve our services further. Working in an agile manner will enable you to steer the future of all aspects of our products - from UX and architecture to development and deployment.
10:00 - 19:00 with flextime (core hours between 11:00 - 16:00). We also have a Work-from-Home policy.
Annual paid leave (maximum of 10 days for the first year and will increase over time), New Year’s holiday (Dec 29th - Jan 3rd), an extra four days to be used during the summer time, and national holidays. We also separately provide the ability to take paid time off to care for a family member.
Bonus pay twice a year, health insurance, employment insurance, industrial injury insurance, welfare pension insurance, employee stock ownership plan and benefits for your important life events supporting various SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity).
Opportunities to attend international and domestic conferences and financial support for technical learning programs and various technical certifications.
Our response to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are currently implementing Work-from-Home policy. However, this is not mandatory so employees who would like to work from the office, have the option to do so as well.
We are continuously hiring internationally. However, due to travel restrictions, the joining date may be delayed.
When you accept an offer from us, we will proceed with your visa application process, though, we cannot guarantee how long it may take because of the current situation.
Also please note that this is NOT a full-remote position and you are required to come to Japan.
About the position
- Test new services and build new ones if necessary to improve business efficiency.
- Our short-term goal is to improve our corporate network to have capability to process highly increasing traffic.
- You will be joining projects to promote paperless work environment and build a corporate portal site.
- We value self-learning and growth. You will be able to try new technologies and services in order to understand industry trends of technologies such as cloud services and IoT.
- Improve our corporate network in order to improve our efficiency and to try new working style.
- Improve our corporate security systems.
- Administration of internally used SaaS services, Linux servers, and network systems.
- Shift on-premise servers to cloud.
- Find and test new cloud services to improve our working environment and efficiency.
- IT Helpdesk, troubleshoot inquiries from colleagues.
- Setup PCs for new members and guiding them how to get started.
- Experience in managing network systems and enterprise systems.
- Knowledgeable in wireless network and security systems.
- Ability to build and maintain Linux and Windows servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems on Mac and Windows PCs.
- Current resident of Japan
- Personable and enjoy interacting with diverse group of people.
10:00 - 19:00 with flextime (includes 1 hour lunch break, core hours between 11:00 - 16:00)
4-6 million JPY annually, reassessed once a year (inclusive of bonus paid twice annually).
4 days of summer holiday and New Years holiday (Dec. 29 - Jan. 3) in addition to paid annual leave
Commuting allowance, employment insurance, industrial injury insurance, health insurance, welfare pension insurance and employee stock ownership plan