The back-office for Japanese subsidiaries.
Imagine an environment where you work with international clients building their business in Japan. An environment where your contribution makes a difference. Where you are recognized, appreciated, rewarded.
Your career at HTM
You’ll use your critical thinking and design skills to consult, design, and develop solutions in the areas of HR and payroll, accounting, general administration, marketing, and operations.
HTM operates as one team with our people developing their skills in multiple areas. Doing so allows us to work closely with international clients to better manage their Japanese businesses.
Of our team of 80 bilingual professionals, 60% are Japanese and 40% are non-Japanese, representing over 20 nationalities. 86% have studied or worked abroad. Working mothers make up 25% of our team.
Our work day
We divide our work day into three activities:
- Managing back offices with our clients
- Creating projects that improve business practices
- Learning new skills that develop our ability to deal with people and complex systems
We encourage everyone to directly participate in all three. It is through projects done by people who are directly involved in back office management, and are skilled at systems thinking, that innovation becomes possible.
Our learning opportunities
Through our learning programs we foster personal mastery and learn systems thinking. Building on these disciplines enables us to create a shared vision and an enjoyable workplace that fosters new ideas. The learning programs include:
- An in-house Toastmasters club
- Learning streams covering topics from systems thinking to emotional intelligence
- A monthly Activity Update Meeting
- Mentoring from an experienced business consultant
- English presentation coaching from a world renown presentation coach
- Japanese presentation coaching from a Japanese media presentation coach
Managing a back office requires handling information. The people who have access to that information must be able to communicate it concisely and effectively both in writing and in speaking. Because we work with international clients, all communication is in English and Japanese. Through our learning programs, everyone at HTM is able to develop their communication skills in both languages. Though Japanese ability is helpful, it is not a requirement.
Our company benefits
Company benefits include:
- Gym membership
- International House of Japan membership
- Comprehensive annual health check
- Unlimited sick leave
- Visa sponsorship and temporary accommodation
- A daily catered lunch
Full remote an option, a hybrid approach preferred
While working fully remote is an option, we prefer our employees to come into the office a couple of days per week. While at the office, you’ll have a catered lunch served daily, to encourage building strong relationships with other team members
Open to overseas candidates
While we’re open to international developers looking to relocate, we prefer people with previous experience in Japan or ties to Japan.
Our response to COVID-19
- Everyone in the office is fully vaccinated and wears masks
- Office and staff fully equipped to alternate working from home and coming in, to reduce number of people in office
- Flexible work time, allowing people to avoid rush hour on public transport
- Desks and lunch tables are physically distanced
- Air purifiers and disinfectant on every floor
- Frequently touched surfaces are disinfected multiple times throughout the day
- Windows are opened in meeting rooms