About ICHIGO Inc.
Love Japanese snacks? Love kawaii culture? Want a career centered in otaku culture? Become part of the team at ICHIGO Inc (formerly MoveFast)!
We share the latest Japanese pop culture through snacks and kawaii merchandise, and we recently launched a new service which lets anyone experience playing authentic Japanese arcade machines online.
We currently cater to subscribers and players in over 103 countries around the world.
Our sites include:
- Meritocracy, hardworking, and data-driven!
- Our company consists of 60% international and 40% Japanese staffs.
- We frequently host social events:
- Game nights (i.e. Mario Kart competition, multiplayer Bomberman, board games)
- Beer pongs and karaoke nights
- Monthly nomikai drinking nights
- Fun activities, i.e. hanami in the spring, BBQ in the summer, yakatabune, bowling, etc.
- Full visa sponsorship (We encourage applicants from abroad to apply as well! You’ll work remotely until your visa can be processed.)
- Japanese Social Insurance, health care, pension plan package included.
- Family benefit package (i.e. wedding bonus and holiday, baby birth bonus and holiday, bereavement leave and condolence benefit, etc).
- 10 days paid holidays.
- 5 day work week (Mon-Fri). Holiday on Sat/Sun and public Japanese holidays.
- Commute fee allowance.
- All-you-can-eat Japanese snacks and drinks (i.e. Kitkat, Pocky, Ramunes)!
Our response to COVID-19
We encourage our developers to work remotely and will reinstate working on-site according to the Japanese government guidance. We regularly monitor our employees’ health status and encourage them to take a rest when feeling unwell. Our workplace is sanitized frequently and we provide masks and necessary sanitary equipment on-site.
We’re still hiring overseas candidates, but anticipate it will take on average 6 months to process the visa. We are encouraging our candidates to work remotely first while your visa is being processed.
About the position
- Design, build and maintain applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Maintain code quality, organization, and performance
- Thoroughly test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years iOS development experience
- Proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Experience connecting iOS applications to back-end APIs
- Strong understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines Strong understanding of architecture patterns in Swift
- Experience with threading, benchmarking and performance optimization Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with socket integration for real-time communication
Nice to have
- Experience with OpenCV or any image processing libraries
- Experience with Android Development
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Interest in networking and IoT devices