Our team, Indeed Incubator, is a product accelerator operating within Indeed. We are charged with pioneering new product ideas and assessing their viability through fast launches and empirical learning. For example: events.indeed.com, an experiment to help companies host hiring events where people can get hired on the spot.
When you come to work at the Indeed Incubator, you’ll be working with a small team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a dedication to experiment.
Indeed Incubator is seeking a full-stack software engineer to help us prototype and launch innovative new products centered around helping people get jobs.
Have you ever thought about forming your own startup? Want to know what it feels like to launch something new? Are you a fan of the Lean Startup or Customer Development? Want to observe users using your creations each week?
- We use rapid application development tech such as Python, Django, Bootstrap, jQuery, MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and more
- We instrument our code liberally with analytics so we can see what’s happening
- We release daily
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and other engineers to design product experiences
- Build applications using rapid development tech such as Python/Django, including front-end (user interfaces) and back end
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary
- Participate in usability testing
All of Indeed’s products are built with performance, scalability, and data-driven decision-making in mind. You can read more about the kinds of technology challenges we tackle on the Indeed Engineering Blog.
You will be responsible for entire projects, from working with a Product Manager and a UX Designer on the problem being solved, possible solutions, the UI design, implementation and analytics. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength and good product ideas.
We’re looking for someone who
- Understands the end user and can build simple, elegant solutions
- Thinks about why something needs to be built, not just what needs to be built
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Is willing to work in a tech stack deemed most suitable for the project
- Is excited to work on testing a variety of product ideas, either currently underway or conceived in the future
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience with full stack application development
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Nice to have: past experience in a start-up, a tech incubator or short term contract work
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY per year