The Challenge Markets Messaging team builds software enabling millions of people to find and apply for jobs on the messaging platform they like best. This is a pretty significant undertaking, as there are a lot of open questions as to how to provide the best experience for users on messaging platforms, which means we do a lot of experimentation at scale. It’s a big challenge, but it’s also a lot of fun.
Working with us means:
- Doing pair-programming and test-driven development (BDD/TDD) most of the time.
- Being part of a cross-functional team, where engineers work hand-in-hand with product managers and UX designers to create a great experience for our users.
- Taking ownership over the systems we build and maintain: identifying and collaboratively implementing architectural improvements, breaking down ideas into small, concrete steps that we can validate iteratively, etc.
- Shipping high-quality software at speed, ideally multiple times per day.
- Actively participating in and helping to drive team decisions about what we build and how we work.
- Working at a sustainable pace. We focus hard and get things done during the day, and then we go home on-time afterwards.
- Have a strong sense of ownership in everything you build.
- Be highly motivated to Help People Get Jobs, by solving problems faced by job-seekers and employers around the world.
- Possess strong architecture and software-design skills.
- Have 5+ years of experience in building and shipping production software, ideally across the full stack.
- Also, there are lots of great programmers in every language, but we work in Java. You should either know Java fairly well, or be willing to learn on the quick.
It’s also great if you have:
- Experience in pair-programming and test-driven development (TDD).
- Built and delivered software at scale for high-traffic sites and high-load systems.
- Worked in an environment with lots of A/B testing.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY per year