The Challenge Markets team focuses on solving problems for job seekers and employers in high priority markets like Japan, Europe and India. We identify, implement and test market-specific improvements to our current product offerings, and we develop and test new innovative solutions that are often successfully applied in many markets beyond the original target countries. If you are passionate about building innovative new products as well as working with other teams to implement new features in their products and code bases, all in order to help job seekers worldwide find their dream job, then you will fit right in.
You will provide hands-on leadership for a full-stack development team building and enhancing products and systems in our service-oriented, highly scalable, multi-datacenter environment. As our engineering organization grows, you will help ensure we keep the talent bar high, and growing the skills and capabilities of your team. All of Indeed’s products are built with performance, scalability, and data-driven decision-making in mind.
- Improve our current products to better match job seekers and employers in specific high priority and strategic markets
- Architect new solutions and validate new ideas by either building on top of existing solutions or by prototyping new products
- Identify system architecture and product design improvements to better support feature development and integration with new products for job seekers in all international markets
- Mentor engineers and provide feedback on software architecture designs and implementations of new products and features.
You are someone who is passionate about coding, loves intellectual challenges, is eager to learn, and wants to work with a variety of technologies to solve interesting problems. Communication is key and we are looking for someone who appreciates working with both technical and non-technical colleagues across different teams, roles, and backgrounds, including colleagues in different countries with varied opinions for better solutions.
- Prior experience as a Software Engineering Manager working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- A deep understanding of the web
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
Nice to have
- Experience building solutions for user-facing products
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- Japanese language ability and market familiarity is a plus
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY per year