JCV wants a super technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Frontend Engineer to help us build out the solutions and prototypes to the next level. As a critical member of the Development team, you will have significant leadership and impact on the evolution of JCV’s crucial products and solutions. If you live abroad and fit the bill, we can help you get your visa to come to Tokyo, Japan. If this sounds exciting, keep reading!
What You’ll Do
- Designing, developing and deploying new highly available AI products or solutions, and also integrating them into our CI/CD pipeline to meet the needs of our fast-growing and evolving AI/Computer Vision platform.
- Scrutinizing and reasoning clearly on technology and architecture choices, identifying tradeoffs and challenges, and getting buy-in from the rest of the team.
- Supporting team members through code review and architecture decisions.
- Collaborating with the Program Management team to understand product requirements and incorporate them into new solutions.
- Writing code to improve the most important services and applications which power our IoT devices and SaaS cloud platform.
Your Must Haves
- Fundamental understanding of React 16.8+, functional components, and hooks or equivalent frameworks (minimum 3+ years of experience developing using JS frameworks).
- Knowledge of TypeScript 3.8+ (minimum 6 months using TS).
- Experience working with global state management such as Redux, Recoil, MobX, etc.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build tools such as Webpack, Babel, Snowpack, etc.
- Understanding of Docker and containerization.
- Solid comprehension of RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of GraphQL APIs.
- You can review and provide feedback for other teammates’ designs and code.
- You can work in small, highly collaborative, agile teams to build out our technology solution.
- You know how to successfully build, deploy and operate web applications from scratch.
- You have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to successfully launch a project.
- You can strike a balance between development speed and quality of features to create durable technology.
- You follow a test-driven development methodology and thrive on building scalable systems that are robust, failure-resistant and easy to maintain.
- You’re a team player who has strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally with a can-do attitude.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing them with your team.
- You’re a first principles thinker who works with others to come up with pragmatic solutions.
Your Nice to Haves
- Strong understanding of Docker and Dockerfiles.
- Understanding of Redux Sagas and generator functions.
- Strong TypeScript experience building Generics and highly reusable types.
- You have strong open-source leadership or contributions.
- You can speak business-level Chinese.
- You can make hard tradeoffs between important goals to get the right things built quickly without breaking things.
- You keep up with the industry trends and continuously identify new technologies to leverage to solve technical problems.