JMAG is software for electromagnetic simulation and design. Developed in Japan since 1983 it is now used in industries and universities world-wide and is used by all of the top Japanese automotive companies for analysis and simulation of electromagnetic devices.
The growth in electric and hybrid vehicles has increased demand for analysis tools while new platforms such as cloud based simulation has created new opportunities in an expanding field. To meet the challenges of this expanding market the JMAG team is looking for highly motivated people to join our growing team. We are open to relocate candidates who are not yet based in Japan.
About the position
We are looking for software developers to join our solver development team. Although primarily focussed on electromagnetics, the need for multi-physics simulations means that JMAG also has structural and thermal simulation solvers and we are adding a fluid dynamics solver as well. Ideally, you will have a background in numerical analysis as well as experience developing a commercial software.
- Commercial software development experience using C, C++, or Fortran.
- Background in numerical analysis methods such as FEM
Desired skills and experience
- Knowledge of Engineering Simulation
- Experience in High Performance Computing
- Software development methods
- Has a desire to improve and works on everything in a forward-looking way.
- Has the ability to work with colleagues, partners, and customers
- Takes personal responsibility for their work and can remain positive in difficult situations.