You will be involved with the development of, and operational work for, the LINE client and LINE Family App clients. We will assign the project to you after inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences.
Examples of Work
- Development of sticker/theme/emoji features in the LINE app.
- Development of LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Sticker Maker”).
- Collaborating with the Planning and Design teams to bring ideas to life (e.g. through coding, creating unit tests, etc.).
- Performing app profiling and improving performance.
- Improving and maintaining a CI environment that supports stable development.
- Improving code quality through code reviews.
- UI/UX improvement.
Technology we use
Kotlin, Java, Gradle, Kotlin coroutine, RxJava2, Thrift, etc.
- Professional native Android development experience.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Basic knowledge in computer science (e.g. algorithm, data structure, asynchronous I/O, network).
- Work experience using version control systems (VCS), dependency management systems, and continuous-integration systems (CI).
- Motivation to learn Japanese.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experienced in Android native application development using Java.
- Web/Native hybrid applications.
- UI/UX design and implementation (e.g. custom views and interactions).
- Experience in the coaching, management and/or leadership of a technical team.
- Open-source software development experience and/or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.