You will be operating and performing API/web application development work for server-side features of LINE’s services.
Examples of Work
- Development and operation of services which support the sale and delivery of paid content such as Stickers, Emoji and Themes.
- Service development for LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Market”, “LINE Surveys”, “LINE Part Time Jobs”, “LINE Financial” etc.).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve server-side software.
- Contribute to architectural designs which can improve the efficiency and flexibility of our services.
- Mentor and train team members on software design and coding standards.
- Work closely with other teams on the development of end-user facing web applications.
- Support the development of high quality code through active participation in code and design reviews.
Technology we use
- Professional coding experience for web services.
- Basic knowledge in computer science (e.g. algorithm, data structure, asynchronous I/O, database, network).
- Work experience using version control systems (VCS), dependency management systems, and continuous-integration systems (CI).
- Whilst there are many English speakers at LINE successful applicants may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for at least 3 ~ 12 months after joining. The training is paid for by us, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills.
- Motivation to learn Japanese.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience developing applications using Java 8+.
- System architecture and design experience.
- Experience using a Linux development environment.
- Experience in the coaching, management and/or leadership of a technical team.
- Open-source software development experience and/or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.