You’ll be involved in the development of the LINE client Android app, which is used by hundreds of millions of people in Japan and abroad (particularly in Asia). This means you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of the planning and development of an app that is popular both domestically and globally. Additionally, our codebase has grown massively in size since the LINE app was launched eight years ago. You’ll work on improving the codebase’s internal structure as well as the performance and UX of the app itself. Through code reviews that let developers learn and improve from one another, automated CI testing, and other workflows we’ve created, we ensure all the development work we do is sustainable.
You will take initiative and go beyond your current role to boost team productivity through codebases, improving tools, and helping team members expand their knowledge.
- 3+ years of experience using Kotlin/Java to develop native Android apps
- Basic computer science knowledge (algorithms, data structures, asynchronous I/O, databases, networks, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with UI/UX design and development (custom views, interaction, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with standard libraries, frameworks, and build tools
- Knowledge of and development experience with hybrid applications (web/native)
- Active contribution and participation in open source software and developer communities
- Interest or previous experience in messaging services