About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitiment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
You can find more details about our initiatives in response to the spread of novel coronavirus here.
About the position
Ensure the security and quality of a wide range services and products developed by LINE and group companies. Platforms and technologies include Web, mobile, desktop, IoT, Fintech, and more.
- security consulting at the planning and design stage
- security testing and risk assessment
- abuse analysis and prevention
- LINE Security Bug Bounty operation
LINE Application Security Team Profile
- We strive to perform most security tasks in-house, and employ security engineers full-time.
- Security engineers get full access to source code, and can communicate directly with developers and product owners.
- Security engineers are free to choose and build their tools: we employ both open source, commercial, and in-house security tools and solutions.
- We value speed, efficiency, and direct communication. High-overhead risk and vulnerability reporting is generally unnecessary.
- We support and encourage OSS contributions, CTF participation, journal publishing and conference participations in the fields of computer security and science.
- software engineering experience
- contributions to OSS projects, especially related to security
- high-profile CTF participation
- presentations and publications in the fields of computer security
- Experience in of the following
- design, development, or security review of large-scale software systems
- security testing and vulnerability reporting for Web, mobile, or IoT applications/devices
- large-scale log analysis and pattern/anomaly detection
An edge to have
- Fintech or blockchain-related development or security testing experience
Ability to communicate in English or Japanese. Bilinguals welcome.