About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitiment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
You can find more details about our initiatives in response to the spread of novel coronavirus here.
About the position
You will be developing web applications in collaboration with planners, designers, and server-side engineers, providing your perspectives and recommendations as a web development specialist to enhance the user experience of our services. You will also be improving the performance and UX of our global services by considering the situation of relevant markets, including their mobile network connectivity.
Example of services you will be developing
- LINE NEWS, LINE LIVE, LINE Part Time Jobs, LINE STORE, LINE GIFT, LINE POINT CLUB, LINESchedule, and other family services
- Management consoles for businesses such as the LINE Official Account Manager
- React, Vue.js, and more
- GitHub Enterprise
See our development blog for examples of the kind of things we work on..
- Experience in developing web applications for PCs and smartphones
- Knowledge of accessibility, usability, and security
- Business level Japanese (Interviews and daily work for this position will be conducted in Japanese)
- Experience in developing systems for advertising business, focusing on usability
- Experience in developing native applications for iOS, Android, or other operating system
- Experience using server-side language such as Java and Perl
- Have contributed to an OSS or have been active in OSS communities
- Eager to explore new technologies and share knowledge