About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
After COVID-19 comes to an end, we plan to offer a work style that combines working from home and coming to work. More details are available in Japanese.
About the position
Infrastructure security team is a global engineering team that designs, builds and operates LINE entire cyber infrastructure.
- Review, build, operate and improve measures to protect large-scale service infrastructure and business environment infrastructure
- Design and implementation of new service security architecture
- Provide security guides to engineers, business teams and partners involved in various LINEs
- Enforce security checks on LINE infrastructure and improve methods
- Security automation
- Risk assessment and automation
- Vulnerability-based infrastructure risk assessment (experience on Enumeration standards such as CVSS Scheme and CPE)
- Threat-based infrastructure risk assessment
- Security Warranty
- Enhancing security vulnerabilities
- Hardening design/implementation for Server OS (Linux/Windows), Client OS, Service Platform, Open Source
- Access Control for Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Windows environments (IAM, PAM, ZeroTrust, AD, LDAP)
- Review, build, operate and improve protection measures (Security Platform DevSecOps)
- Security automation
- Review, build, run and improve Endpoint Security
- Review, build, run and improve System/Data Security
- Review, build, operate and improve Key Management (SSL/TLS Certificates, KMS, HMS)
- Review, build, run and improve Security Management (Elastic Stack, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience of the role of security architect
- Security architecture design and implementation for new services
- Security-related standards-based security operations
- ISO27001, SOC, PCI-DSS, SOX
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Design, construction and operation of various service infrastructure environments
- Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Private cloud (i.e. OpenStack and other IaaS technologies, Kubernets and Container technologies like Docker)
- Large infrastructure (tens of thousands or more)
- A master’s degree in computer science or related fields
- Use two or more of the following languages at the business level: Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese