About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitiment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
You can find more details about our initiatives in response to the spread of novel coronavirus here.
About the position
In this position, you’ll be responsible for quality management of our OpenStack based private cloud platform “Verda”, which has multiple on-premise IT infrastructure sites with over 40,000 servers and 1 Tbps internet traffic worldwide.
- Quality management for the cloud service based on the OpenStack.
- Reviewing planning documents and service specifications to identify improvements and provide timely, meaningful feedback.
- Build a test plan for new and existing projects and performing test activities based on the plan so that ensure quality and reliability.
- Reporting improvements and defects, and perform through regression testing when issues are resolved.
- Design, develop and execute automation test and test tools for UI and API tests.
- Monitoring system/service, identifying quality issues and drive corrective actions to improve or resolve them.
- Surveying latest trends and studying new technology in order to resolve current testing limitations.
- Develop and apply QA process for new and existing projects to meet user needs.
- Facilitating stakeholders to understand, learn, and follow the QA process.
- Have knowledge in software testing.
- At least 5-years experience in software QA.
- Be able to analyze, design and execute tests based on the ISTQB test process.
- Have experience in process improvement activities.
- Have experience or knowledge in infra or cloud.
- Ability to understand the core values of the service and are capable of risk-based quality management activities.
- Being capable of implementing test automation for the project if necessary.
- Have experience in JIRA, Confluence and Github.
- Good at communicating and collaborate with stakeholders.
- No problem or difficulty in traveling overseas for business trips.
- Cloud Experience (OpenStack)
- Have experience in implementing test automation by using like tools Selenium, Robot framework.
- Have experience CI/CD tools like Jenkins/CircleCI.
- Programming skills in Python and/or Java.
- Ability to execute non-functional testing.