LINE provides a messaging service to hundreds of millions of the users in the world-wide, which means that we have large-scale systems with high availability requirement. Observability Infrastructure team at LINE is the team behind the monitoring infrastructure which helps LINE engineers to maintain the availability of those systems. You will be part of the team that builds metrics, log and trace data pipeline which serves hundreds of millions of data points and events per minute, as well as visualization system which helps other engineers to easily troubleshoot their application.
What you’ll do
- Design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at scale.
- Write tools which improve reliability of current running system.
- Define on-call process and standards.
- Collaborate with other engineers throughout LINE to design new features of our observability stack.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, including open-source projects.
External resources about the team
- Familiarity with Linux performance analysis tools like tracers, profilers, debuggers, visualization tools.
- Experience operating and introducing open-source software to production at scale (ElasticSearch, Cassandra).
- Interest in metrics and devops practice.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems that back a consumer app or website.
- Experience integrating performance tools into Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines.