We are seeking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to work on the availability and stability of LINE’s Communication & Service Integration that connect the users and the business values including but not limited to paid content such as Stickers, Emoji, Themes, and content provided via LINE Family Services.
- Analyze and solve technical problems of system by software engineering.
- Maintain and improve application or middlewares to achieve low latency and high availability.
- Monitor system to detect problems and plan system capacity.
- Develop tools and system to automate the routine operations for efficient software development.
- Participate in the entire software development process including design, development, delivery, monitoring, and improvement.
- Work with other engineers to build the environment, operate the services, and improve continuously to achieve the above goals.
Our services are built on these technologies: Java, Spring Framework, RxJava2, Armeria, Nginx, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zipkin, Central Dogma, Ansible
- Knowledge and understanding in computer science (e.g. use of standard algorithms and data structures, OS, network, database).
- Experience in software development for web services or mobile applications using Java.
- Experience using a Linux/Unix development environment.
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.
- Communication ability in Japanese or English.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience of using the latest Java programming language (Java 8+).
- Knowledge and experience about JVM.
- Experience in development and operation for large-scale system.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems, and automate the tasks.
- Open-source software development experience and or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- Motivated to learn Japanese and English language.
- System architecture and design experience including but not limited to the following topics:
- Networking (HTTP 1.1/2, TCP/IP, DNS etc.)
- Micro-services, DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- RPC (REST, Thrift, ProtoBuf, etc)
- Asynchronous I/O
- Task Automation
- RDBMS (MySQL, etc)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc)
- Distributed Cache (Redis, etc)
- Distributed Transaction