About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitiment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
You can find more details about our initiatives in response to the spread of novel coronavirus here.
About the position
We are seeking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to work on the availability and stability of LINE’s paid content platform including Stickers, Emojis, and Themes. These products are a part of the core communication features in LINE and they enhance the interactions among our millions of users on a daily basis.
- Analyze and solve technical problems of system by software engineering.
- Maintain and improve application or middlewares to achieve low latency and high availability.
- Monitor system to detect problems and plan system capacity.
- Develop tools and system to automate the routine operations for efficient software development.
- Participate in the entire software development process including design, development, delivery, monitoring, and improvement.
- Work with other engineers to build the environment, operate the services, and improve continuously to achieve the above goals.
Our services are built on these technologies: Java, Spring Framework, RxJava2, Armeria, Nginx, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zipkin, Central Dogma, Ansible
- Knowledge and understanding in computer science (e.g. use of standard algorithms and data structures, OS, network, database).
- Experience in software development for web services or mobile applications using Java.
- Experience using a Linux/Unix development environment.
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.
- Communication ability in Japanese or English.
- Experience of using the latest Java programming language (Java 8+).
- Knowledge and experience about JVM.
- Experience in development and operation for large-scale system.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems, and automate the tasks.
- Open-source software development experience and or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- Motivated to learn Japanese and English language.
- System architecture and design experience including but not limited to the following topics:
- Networking (HTTP 1.1/2, TCP/IP, DNS etc.)
- Micro-services, DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- RPC (REST, Thrift, ProtoBuf, etc)
- Asynchronous I/O
- Task Automation
- RDBMS (MySQL, etc)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc)
- Distributed Cache (Redis, etc)
- Distributed Transaction