About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitiment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
You can find more details about our initiatives in response to the spread of novel coronavirus here.
About the position
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) for leading Test Automation for microservices and Web APIs design, build, operation, and improvement of failure detection systems for microservices to support our services expanding and diversifying continuously on the LINE platform, home to over 83 million active users.
The SET will propose and implement improvements iteratively and incrementally to developer experience and LINE’s platform quality with Test Automation and DevOps.
- Propose and coach product development teams on the best testing strategies and tools for a product
- Develop and operate Test Automation tools and their environments
- Develop and operate a service failure detection and recovery support system using Test Automation
- Propose and implement business and process improvements using Test Automation
To learn more about the concrete responsibilities and activities of SET, please refer to the presentation, “Build Self-Organized Team through Test Automation with Karate”.
At least one of the following skills and experience:
- At least 5+ years of developing and operating server-side Web APIs and/or web applications with Java or Kotlin
- At least 3+ years of developing and operating client-side applications with Vue.js
At least 5+ years of skills and experience with the following:
- Writing automated test scripts for Unit Testing and Integration Testing using JUnit or other xUnit frameworks
- Building and operating a system to run automated test scripts on a CI server
Skills and experience with the following in relation to Test Automation:
- TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Mock/Test Doubles
Experience with Agile, especially Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP)
- At least 5+ years of experience building, writing, and operating the following Test Automation:
- Web API tests (RESTful API, Thrift API, gRPC, etc.)
- (Server-side) Service Tests and/or End-to-End Tests for microservices
- (Client-side) End-to-End Tests for web applications and/or smartphone apps
- At least 1+ years of experience building and operating Microservice Architecture applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building, writing, and operating automated test scripts with BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) framework like Cucumber and/or Karate
- Experience designing and conducting Performance Testing
- Experience with open-source software (OSS) (Spring Boot, Maven, Gradle, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience developing traffic-heavy websites (portal sites, e-commerce websites, online communities, etc.)
- Experience identifying issues, and proposing and implementing solutions to them