LiNKX partners with our clients to help them define, discover, and strategize on products that will transform their business. Our business has three pillars: a discovery service, a development and delivery service, and our own products.
Our discovery service helps businesses in Japan to quickly validate their ideas by building prototypes. This allows them to work at startup speed, working in units of days and weeks, rather than months and years.
Our development and delivery service helps businesses in Japan build products and services in a secure, scalable, and reliable way. We specialize in software (Cloud / Edge), hardware (Robotics / IoT), and AI.
Our products empower business and people to make use of the latest technologies in order to solve nowadays and future society issues. They include a navigation system for the visually impaired, a digital laboratory solution that automates simple routine tasks in R&D sites, and a robot system that uses collaborative robots to automatically pack items into boxes.
Internationally minded, Japan focused
About half of our employees are non-Japanese, hailing from 15 different countries. Internally, we communicate in English, and so our engineers don’t need any Japanese ability. Our clients are Japanese though, and so if you’re looking to improve your Japanese, you can have plenty of opportunities to do so.
Work mostly remotely
While you’ll occasionally need to attend in-person meetings with clients, you’ll mostly be able to work remotely.
Choose your own working hours
We offer flextime with no core time. You’re expected to work the equivalent of a standard work day (8 hours plus 1 hour break), but you get to choose when you actually work them.
Our response to COVID-19
With COVID-19, we’re encouraging all employees to work remotely, and come into the office no more than a couple of times per week. Due to the COVID-19 related border restrictions and uncertainty, we’re only accepting applications from people already based in Japan.
About the position
As a software engineer, you’ll choose whether to specialize in front-end or back-end development, or work across the entire stack. You will produce scalable software solutions as part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for projects’ software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Work with development teams to ideate software solutions
- Design and implement client-side and/or server-side architectures
- Develop and manage well-functioning systems, databases and applications
- Uphold high standards and write fluent APIs and idiomatic code
- Test software to ensure maintainability, responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Understand and apply security and data protection best practices
- Write technical documentation
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of either front-end languages and frameworks (e.g. JS/TS, Angular, React etc.) or back-end languages and frameworks (e.g. Java/Kotlin, C#, Go, etc.)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail, organizational skills and an analytical mind
Nice to have
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), and web servers (e.g. Nginx).
- Japanese language ability
- Health Insurance
- Social insurance
- Transportation coverage
- Support for book purchase
- Support for certifications (technical and non-technical)
- The latest equipment as necessary so you can perform at your best
- Online training courses