What you’ll do
- You will work on development of several e-commerce related products
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Develop server applications using technologies like Elixir and PostgreSQL.
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Maintain and improve the existing products
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Support and debugging web applications as needed
- Located in Tokyo
- At least 3 years of experience as a back-end developer with at least 1 year of experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir (however, most work will involve Elixir)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React or Vue
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile development team
- Experience in software testing and test-driven development
- Experience with relational database design and SQL.
- Ability to take the initiative in researching new technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs/GraphQL
- Strong sense of ownership of own work
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Experience in cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience in CI, CD technique, and tools
- Experience in setting up Linux servers
- Experience with container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Efficient at writing and profiling/analyzing SQL queries.
- An interest in business and services