Established in 2015, Lunaris offers custom solutions to e-commerce businesses in Japan and around the world. We specialize in solutions for Shopify and strive to simplify e-commerce for online business owners everywhere.
Our Diverse Team
Our company is comprised almost entirely of young, international, English-speaking staff members who are focused on using the newest technologies to operate and grow our business efficiently. We have high expectations for ourselves and for our teammates – we champion go-getters who find opportunities for improvement and waste no time addressing it.
We are a relatively small team, so making a big impact is encouraged if not essential. Each team member has their responsibilities, but the freedom to fulfill them as necessary.
The Work Culture
We’re a team of young self-starters who thrive on new challenges. As such, what you can contribute to the team matters much more than any corporate hierarchy or politics.
We also highly value a healthy work-life balance – our flex-time schedule allows you to manage your workweek hours to fit your needs!
Our Response to COVID-19
While we can offer remote work down-the-line, the initial training and trial phase will be at our office in Kichijoji, Tokyo. Most of our vaccinated team members come to the office, but we do have some who work entirely remotely.
Our Interview Process
We start with a video call, then usually arrange for an in-person interview. In addition to our normal interviews, we may invite you to some casual conversations with our team members.
About the position
What you’ll do
- You will work on development of several e-commerce related products
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Develop server applications using technologies like Elixir and PostgreSQL.
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Maintain and improve the existing products
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Support and debugging web applications as needed
- Located in Tokyo
- At least 3 years of experience as a back-end developer with at least 1 year of experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir (however, most work will involve Elixir)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React or Vue
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile development team
- Experience in software testing and test-driven development
- Experience with relational database design and SQL.
- Ability to take the initiative in researching new technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs/GraphQL
- Strong sense of ownership of own work
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Experience in cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience in CI, CD technique, and tools
- Experience in setting up Linux servers
- Experience with container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Efficient at writing and profiling/analyzing SQL queries.
- An interest in business and services