Established in 2015, Lunaris offers custom solutions to e-commerce businesses in Japan and around the world. We specialize in solutions for Shopify and strive to simplify e-commerce for online business owners everywhere.
Our Diverse Team
Our company is comprised almost entirely of young, international, English-speaking staff members who are focused on using the newest technologies to operate and grow our business efficiently. We have high expectations for ourselves and for our teammates – we champion go-getters who find opportunities for improvement and waste no time addressing it.
We are a relatively small team, so making a big impact is encouraged if not essential. Each team member has their responsibilities, but the freedom to fulfill them as necessary.
The Work Culture
We’re a team of young self-starters who thrive on new challenges. As such, what you can contribute to the team matters much more than any corporate hierarchy or politics.
We also highly value a healthy work-life balance – our flex-time schedule allows you to manage your workweek hours to fit your needs!
Our Response to COVID-19
While we can offer remote work down-the-line, the initial training and trial phase will be at our office in Kichijoji, Tokyo. Most of our vaccinated team members come to the office, but we do have some who work entirely remotely.
Our Interview Process
We start with a video call, then usually arrange for an in-person interview. In addition to our normal interviews, we may invite you to some casual conversations with our team members.
About the position
What you’ll do
- Develop frontend applications using modern frontend technologies like React, TypeScript and Composition API, etc.
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that help maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Working with the marketing team, product managers and designers to understand user goals, design product features and build prototypes
- Implementing front-end facing code on our stack, mostly the typical HTML/(S)CSS, React or React Native.
- Routinely testing web-apps for ease of use, speed and other quality factors; and develop automated testing to prevent both bugs and regressions
- Build the libraries necessary for implementation
- Technical design and implementation of frontend architecture and UI components
A Portrait of our Front-End Engineers
- You don’t mind peer reviews, you love them.
- You know when to use a dependency and when not.
- You are comfortable working in both a team and also independently to ensure goals are achieved.
- Quality of code is your priority and you follow best practices.
- You have an ability to foresee where your code may need to be altered to keep in line with the company strategy.
- Located in Tokyo
- Proficiency in web development, especially with HTML and CSS
- Production experience with the latest versions of React.
- Experience implementing designs made by designers on e.g. Figma
- Knowledge of and passion for graphic design, typography, UX
- Ability to integrate with APIs (e.g. GraphQL)
- Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- In-depth understanding in frontend performance optimization
- Experience with server side programming languages, include but not limited to Ruby, Elixir and NodeJs
- A general understanding of server side rendering (e.g. using Next.js with React)
- Experience with React Redux