Mercari is a marketplace app that makes it easy for people to safely sell and ship their things. Having been downloaded over 100 million times, it is now among the largest peer-to-peer selling platforms globally.
Though we have over 1,800 employees, we still have a startup culture, where we encourage people to come up with big, crazy ideas, and to not be afraid of failure. Because the company is rapidly growing, you can set your own path, and there is enough transparency to allow our members to do so. For instance, at our all-hands meetings, every single member is encouraged to ask questions directly to our executive team.
We’re a Japanese company, but are building a global work culture, and so we provide a great opportunity to experience a blend of Japanese and international culture. We relocate developers from around the world to join our team, and provide translation and interpretation to smooth communication between members.
We want our employees to be able to give 100% both inside and outside of the office, and our benefits reflect this. These include providing language education, financial support for childcare, and allowing you to pursue paid side gigs outside of working with us.
Our response to COVID-19
Along with many other countries, Japan is expanding entry/visa restrictions in line with the WHO’s decision to declare the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic on March 11th. We are trying our best to minimize the impact, but inevitably we may be unable to continue the hiring process with every candidate at this time. Given the uncertainty of the situation, please kindly understand that we will be prioritizing local applicants (possessing valid working visas, etc.) to ensure a smooth hiring experience. Of course we are maintaining open channels of communication regarding individual cases and will monitor the situation in order to adjust our policies as circumstances change.
For more on the measures that Mercari has taken regarding COVID-19, please see this message from the CEO.
About the position
Mercari is promoting the construction of Mercari Web in order to respond to diversifying usage scenes.
We plan and operate the largest web service in Japan in order to improve the experience value while maximizing the contact point between customers and Mercari.
In addition to web engineering skills and knowledge, we are looking for planning ability to find out the “funny!” Seeds from trends and customer needs.
If you are confident in the planning and execution of bold ideas with the high technology members who are gathering at Mercari, why not take a challenge to change the world’s values together?
- Drive product planning, designing, managing development and operation for Mercari Web
- Create specification to input product requirements to software engineers and test engineers
- Manage KPI of product performance for example sales for Mercari Web
- Verify the effect
- Own responsibility for product delivery and drive product development
- Strong desire to grow Mercari according to our Mission statement
- Comprehensive knowledge about digital marketing in general
- 3 years + product management experience in Internet, Smartphone industry or equivalent experience
- Experience of creating specification to input product requirements to software engineers and test engineers
- Leadership skill to drive people
- Data Analytical skill (SQL, BigQuery)
- Enough language skill in Japanese and English
- Passion for Products