The Generative AI/LLM Team’s mission is to maximize the impact of Mercari’s business and dramatically enhance productivity across the company through the application of generative AI/LLM technologies in our products
- Developing the application of generative AI/LLM technologies in Mercari Group’s services
- Creating tools to enhance productivity across Mercari Group’s companies and the teams within
- Selecting technologies for generative AI/LLM services and designing architecture for applications
- Staying up-to-date with the latest generative AI/LLM technologies and making external presentations
- In this position, you will be able to leverage Mercari Group’s vast amounts of information to create products used by a large number of people.
- You will have opportunities to design and implement applications of cutting-edge generative AI/LLM technologies for services used by tens of millions of people.
- Shared belief in the mission and values of Mercari Group and its various companies
- Two or more years of experience in at least three of the following:
- Backend: API development using a programming language such as Go or Java
- Frontend: Development using such things as web browser markup languages, TypeScript, React.js, Next.js, or Redux
- Mobile: iOS development using Swift or Android development using Kotlin
- Data Platform: Development using distributed processing frameworks such as Dataflow, Spark, Kafka, or Flink, as well as knowledge of data schemas and file formats used in Avro and Protocol Buffers (Parquet, ORC, etc.)
- Ability to proactively drive the project along while appropriately communicating with the rest of the team
- Passion for the products and technologies
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience developing generative AI/LLM-related products
- Experience writing machine learning-related research papers and presenting them at conferences with peer reviews
- Knowledge of machine learning kept up-to-date by reading research papers on a daily basis