- Scalable: Capable of carrying out distributed searches across several billion pieces of data to quickly identify illegal items
- Realtime: Capable of adding and updating product/action data within a few seconds
- Semantic: Capable of using AI, machine learning, and natural language processing in tandem with the massive data logs that Mercari accumulates in order to improve services such as search, image recognition, action prediction, and irregularity detection.
- Shared belief in Mercari’s mission and values
- BS in Computer Science or related disciplines (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Well versed in at least one of the following programming: Java, Go, or Python
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience using OSS search engines such as Solr and Elasticsearch
- Experience with streaming processing and the collection of large-scale logs via Apache Spark and Kafka
- Experience developing and operating search and data services for a C2C or EC site
- Experience with the container-type virtualization services that make microservices possible, such as Kubernetes.