We are the team that provides the web infrastructure and common functionality for the Mercari Group’s web applications. Our responsibility includes:
- Develop and maintain authentication pages and APIs on web
- Develop and maintain infrastructures and services to provide HTML and other web related contents
- Develop and maintain infrastructures and tools to improve reliability, productivity and security for web applications
- Cooperate with frontend teams to develop and maintain the web application.
Our team is trying to improve both the quality and productivity of Mercari’s web applications. We use our knowledge of all aspects of the web, including front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and security, to provide infrastructure and services. For example, we did these actions:
- Design authentication flow based on OpenID Connect specification, implement authentication screens and APIs by React, TypeScript and Go
- Provide network routing with canary release feature for web applications on Kubernetes infrastructure
- Provide Google Authentication and Pull Request environment for web development on Kubernetes infrastructure
- Provide End-to-End testing infrastructures and visual regression testing infrastructures, and run them on each pull request
- Shared belief in Mercari’s mission and values
- Experience developing and/or operating web applications
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- Experience building and operating Kubernetes infrastructures
- Experience building and operating network infrastructures such as CDN, WAF, Load Balancer (like nginx)
- Willingness to learn web technologies (PWA, dynamic rendering , Web Components, WebAuthn, etc) and microservice infrastructures (Kuberentes, GCP, Terraform, etc) regardless of frontend, backend, infrastructure
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience of Go programming
- Knowledge of and experience with web authentication methods such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, Single Sign On, WebAuthn, etc.
- Knowledge about web application security
- Experience developing and operating systems using microservice architecture
- Experience building and operating a monitoring environment and SLO, as well as detecting and handling system failures for web applications
- Experience with software development on GCP